What Are You Smoking February 2019

racinghoss

Three Nuns in a new-to-me Yello Bole Pug. Sipping Wild Turkey 101 and ice water.

MikeDennison
Certified Codger

MikeDennison wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:23 pm Long day. Finally home, in the den, pup gnawing on a bone, "The Longest Day" on the telly. This Kaywoodie Saxon Dublin is burning a blend of OJK & BLWB that I've yet to come to with a name for, but I'm leaning towards "Hair o' the Dog". :lol: Club soda at my elbow.
Doing this again. This Hair O' the Dog blend of mine ( :lol: ) of OJK/BLWB will still strip the skin off the inside of my nose and give me the niccups if I'm not careful. But if I puff along easily, sipping gently, it's pretty good stuff!
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-
avid

MikeDennison wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:10 pm
MikeDennison wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:23 pm Long day. Finally home, in the den, pup gnawing on a bone, "The Longest Day" on the telly. This Kaywoodie Saxon Dublin is burning a blend of OJK & BLWB that I've yet to come to with a name for, but I'm leaning towards "Hair o' the Dog". :lol: Club soda at my elbow.
Doing this again. This Hair O' the Dog blend of mine ( :lol: ) of OJK/BLWB will still strip the skin off the inside of my nose and give me the niccups if I'm not careful. But if I puff along easily, sipping gently, it's pretty good stuff!
Humor us, what is BLWB, please? I promise I won’t ask many more times... :!: :!: :?:
insufferable filter guy
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

avid wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:15 pm
MikeDennison wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:10 pm
Humor us, what is BLWB, please? I promise I won’t ask many more times... :!: :!: :?:
:D Burley Light Without a Bite
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-
Thelonious monkfish
Codger in Training

Catching up here after a busy day or two, just had a moment out back with Dark Plug and SWRA in Peterson

Thelonious monkfish
Codger in Training

MikeDennison wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:45 pm
rekamepip wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:37 pm
+1 on mixing BLWB
i mixed up a pouch full of Prince Albert and it is wonderful
something about that BLWB that is mmmgood

:)
Yep! I use it to mix with burleys that I find a bit harsh. It takes the edge off and adds just a dite of sweetness without diminishing the burley goodness.
Have you guys mixed Perique and BLWB yet? Can't recommend it enough.
Grimpeur

Last one of the day is Dunhill SM Mild in the Medico billiard.
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Good morning, smoking dark flake scented in a Comoy's Prince.
The Troll Whisperer
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

Picayune in the Starfire pot

"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
Maynard

Image Removed the bubbled and Blistered finish from this Dr Grabow Savoy now smoking some 1/2 & 1/2.