What Are You Smoking February 2019

Houtenziel
Codger in Training

Peacock wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 2:20 pm
houtenziel wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:57 pm Kiko meer arrived today intact, despite being carelessly placed loose inside a bubble mailer. I have my work cut out for me today doing the de-ox on the stem. Before I get to that though, I am having some Sweet Vanilla Honeydew in the Roma and really enjoying it. It's one of the few blends that tastes just like it smells, amazing.
Sweet! looking forward to seeing it. Giving it the Flitz treatment? Flitz then Paragon or am I missing a step? And I need to try this aromatic...
Flitz is more of a polish for after the oxidation has already been removed. I've tried it on it's own, but since it lacks an abrasive it would take years to go through all but the thinnest surface ox. I am probably going to burn off the oxidation with a candle. If there is stubborn spots, I might use Softscrub(bleach-free), or some 320 grit paper to remove it.
“To educate a person in the mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society.”
― Theodore Roosevelt
Johnny
Member in Good Standing

Man, that HH Burley is some tasty stuff! Loaded the new IMP with more

Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

F&T special brown flake in the good ol naked mole rat (I still have no idea how we came up with that name lol) another cup of Community American Classic on the side
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

Sigaro in a Perkins Dublin(ish)

"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

Sutliff ERR Match in a Grand Duke 69

FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

MikeDennison wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 1:29 pm Home early today...have this ol' Sav Punto Oro panel loaded with Macanudo. Club soda on the side.
Doing this again. I like it. :thumbs:
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-
SidStavros
Member in Good Standing

Greetings from Greece, we have a big fest here, the Tsiknopempti. You can call it like ''Barbeque Thursday'' due of the heavy smell of the grilled meat [called "Tsikna" here] which is in the air.
http://greece.greekreporter.com/2018/02 ... ss-greece/
Out in the streets and the balconies, inside the stores or the companies every Greek is celebrating, "Houaaaaaa" [is like the American Yeeehaaa"] to you all.

After honouring the tradition i am smoking McClelland grand orientals Drama Reserve. Image
Blog for the New pipe smoker: http://Pipe-smoke.blogspot.gr
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

SidStavros wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 3:31 pm Greetings from Greece, we have a big fest here, the Tsiknopempti. You can call it like ''Barbeque Thursday'' due of the heavy smell of the grilled meat [called "Tsikna" here] which is in the air.
Out in the streets and the balconies, inside the stores or the companies every Greek is celebrating, "Houaaaaaa" [is like the American Yeeehaaa"] to you all.

After honouring the tradition i am smoking McClelland grand orientals Drama Reserve. Image
Great tradition! :D
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

SidStavros wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 3:31 pm Greetings from Greece, we have a big fest here, the Tsiknopempti. You can call it like ''Barbeque Thursday'' due of the heavy smell of the grilled meat [called "Tsikna" here] which is in the air.

I love the Greek people! Opa! Houaaaa
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

Fr_Tom wrote: Thu Feb 28, 2019 3:08 pm Sigaro in a Perkins Dublin(ish)

Another bowl of this - same pipe...
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017