What Are You Smoking March 2019

Houtenziel
Codger in Training

houtenziel wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:22 pm Firin' up some Lane White Burley in the Roma bent apple.
Any of you folks who enjoy SPRT, Granger, SWR.. This sure tastes like the same burley that is is in all of them. In fact, if you were to take the small amount of Virginia out of SPRT, I think this is basically what you'd be smoking. Nutty and cool to the max, and a side flavor that reminds me of graham crackers. I am seeing a Hamborger Veermaster/Lane White burley VaBur in my future. :D
“To educate a person in the mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society.”
― Theodore Roosevelt
slowroll
Founding Member

Smoking Arango Balkan Supreme in my new(ishl Pibe Dan tribute reform sandblast.

www.custompipestems.com ...pipestems and pipes designed and created
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

Reloading the Altinok POY with ODF-RR

"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
Mrm1775

slowroll wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:08 pm Smoking Arango Balkan Supreme in my new(ishl Pibe Dan tribute reform sandblast.

thats a lot of wine corks
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

houtenziel wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:36 pm
houtenziel wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:22 pm Firin' up some Lane White Burley in the Roma bent apple.
Any of you folks who enjoy SPRT, Granger, SWR.. This sure tastes like the same burley that is is in all of them. In fact, if you were to take the small amount of Virginia out of SPRT, I think this is basically what you'd be smoking. Nutty and cool to the max, and a side flavor that reminds me of graham crackers. I am seeing a Hamborger Veermaster/Lane White burley VaBur in my future. :D
I've been wondering about that one and always forget to toss some in the cart when I'm shopping
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
Mikeb717

Bamarick wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:18 pm
Mikeb717 wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:08 pm Kajun Kake in the Stanwell 190

How do you like the Stanwell? I have a 190 Brushed Brown. It's a great smoker and one I'm proud to own.

After a busy morning of a Dr. Appointment and early afternoon shopping with the wife I finally made it back home to have a bowl of MB Plumcake in the Viscount 85. II don't know why it has Plum in its' name for I don't taste the Plum at all, but it is a fairly decent smoke. Life is good even though we have storms headed this way. It's 73deg and we're under a Tornado Watch until 7:00pm..

I love it ,got it on sale,it’s my first Stanwell now I want to buy another!
As stubborn as a Missouri Mule
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

houtenziel wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:13 pm Davidoff Danish Mixture in the Viking acorn.

That little pipe reminds me of a girl I knew who was even prettier without her makeup. :D
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-
Houtenziel
Codger in Training

MikeDennison wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 7:54 pm
houtenziel wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:13 pm Davidoff Danish Mixture in the Viking acorn.

That little pipe reminds me of a girl I knew who was even prettier without her makeup. :D
The more I smoke it, the prettier she gets. I really dig it!
“To educate a person in the mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society.”
― Theodore Roosevelt
Johnny
Member in Good Standing

Three Friars in the birthyear dog. This blend is absolutely delicious in this pipe!

rekamepip
Codger in Training