What Are You Smoking April 2019

Fr_Tom
Chaplain

Peacock wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 2:05 pm Fold n' stuff LNF in a cob. Or as Fr_Tom would say FNSLNFMMC... I think?

Either way, I'm back baby!!
Welcome back - good form BTW...
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Another round of the home press VaBur. This time in the newest old england #73 small pot with some Arrowhead fizzy water for sipping
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
9 Iron
Founding Member

Well the short answer is that yes, brylon smokes like a pipe. I suffered no ill effects. Perhaps a derogatory look from the cat. Didn’t get hot, tobacco tasted like tobacco, smokes just fine. I think if they went the one step further and put a decent acrylic stem on them they’d be a whole lot more popular, but that may be a little too much gilding the lily. Fact is, smokes no worse than a cob, which I have no qualms about smoking. In fact, I’m about to stuff a flake of Mixture in there and have another go.

I wonder about the purists viewpoint though. Stinger? No stinger? I fiddled with it and ended up shoving a Sav balsa filter in there, worked perfect.

There’s a whole different aura around these. I felt I should go in and put on a pair of Bermuda shorts and sandals with high socks pulled up to my knees, maybe fix a baloney on wonderbread and a can of Schmidt. Put a baseball game on the transistor radio.
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

Pegasus in a straight bored-out MM MT

"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
Houtenziel
Codger in Training

SPRT Plug in the SP Bulldog. :D
“To educate a person in the mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society.”
― Theodore Roosevelt
Tsal
Forum Decorum

9 Iron wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 2:27 pm
There’s a whole different aura around these. I felt I should go in and put on a pair of Bermuda shorts and sandals with high socks pulled up to my knees, maybe fix a baloney on wonderbread and a can of Schmidt. Put a baseball game on the transistor radio.
:lol: pretty much...
I keep the stinger in mine but I'm still entertaining the idea of a filter.
The Troll Whisperer
Houtenziel
Codger in Training

9 Iron wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 2:27 pm Well the short answer is that yes, brylon smokes like a pipe. I suffered no ill effects. Perhaps a derogatory look from the cat. Didn’t get hot, tobacco tasted like tobacco, smokes just fine. I think if they went the one step further and put a decent acrylic stem on them they’d be a whole lot more popular, but that may be a little too much gilding the lily. Fact is, smokes no worse than a cob, which I have no qualms about smoking. In fact, I’m about to stuff a flake of Mixture in there and have another go.

I wonder about the purists viewpoint though. Stinger? No stinger? I fiddled with it and ended up shoving a Sav balsa filter in there, worked perfect.

I took the stinger out of mine. I found that it really encouraged a flood in the shank, and it smokes way better without it.
“To educate a person in the mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society.”
― Theodore Roosevelt
Tsal
Forum Decorum

houtenziel wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 3:05 pm
9 Iron wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 2:27 pm Well the short answer is that yes, brylon smokes like a pipe. I suffered no ill effects. Perhaps a derogatory look from the cat. Didn’t get hot, tobacco tasted like tobacco, smokes just fine. I think if they went the one step further and put a decent acrylic stem on them they’d be a whole lot more popular, but that may be a little too much gilding the lily. Fact is, smokes no worse than a cob, which I have no qualms about smoking. In fact, I’m about to stuff a flake of Mixture in there and have another go.

I took the stinger out of mine. I found that it really encouraged a flood in the shank, and it smokes way better without it.
Yours has a different blade type stinger.
The Troll Whisperer
racinghoss

EMP in this older and very nice Parker bent bulldog.

Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

9 Iron wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 2:27 pm

I take the stinger out of my YB brylon.

Your description of the brylon vibe is right on. Real 1960s Americana Space Age stuff.
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!