MM Charles Towne Cobbler!

CoreyR
Founding Member

I just got an email from Marilyn at MM, the Charles Town Cobblers are back in stock. I ordered two this morning. Thought I would share for those interested.
She also told me that they are going to be getting in more of the St. Patrick's day pipes.
:D
kxg

The Charles Town Cobbler is far and away my favorite cob, heck, one of my favorite pipes. I just ordered another - thanks for the heads-up!
arturo7
Member in Good Standing

This is a great pipe!
ever forward
CoreyR
Founding Member

I, actually, do not have one yet. I have the last PSF (old) "pipe of the year," which appears to be a very close second. I love those pipes, I have two of them.
arturo7
Member in Good Standing

CoreyR wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 6:18 pm I, actually, do not have one yet. I have the last PSF (old) "pipe of the year," which appears to be a very close second. I love those pipes, I have two of them.
Aren't they the same pipe?
ever forward
Whalehead King

It's a nice looking pipe with an acrylic bit, a nice bowl and, being an MM cob, I'm sure it smokes like a champ. If weren't for these attributes I would think it's worthless and hate it. As it is, I love it at first sight. I've got enough pipes though (!?!!!?) so I'm not gonna pull the trigger on this one. Smoke it in good health! :)
Wooda
Founding Member

arturo7 wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 6:39 pm
CoreyR wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 6:18 pm I, actually, do not have one yet. I have the last PSF (old) "pipe of the year," which appears to be a very close second. I love those pipes, I have two of them.
Aren't they the same pipe?
yes
Underwater Basketweaver.
Baskets of basket pipes.
Longshanks
Member in Good Standing

I really like that style... just wish they'd stain the shank a walnut brown like I've seen others do. I think it'd look waaay better. The fake yellow corn design is blah. But still a nice stem selection and bowl finish. :thumbs:

Here's a link for a quick look... https://corncobpipe.com/charles-towne-c ... n-cob-pipe
Longshanks
"He who shall, so shall he... wait, who?" :?
Houtenziel
Codger in Training

Longshanks wrote: Sat May 04, 2019 11:50 am I really like that style... just wish they'd stain the shank a walnut brown like I've seen others do. I think it'd look waaay better. The fake yellow corn design is blah. But still a nice stem selection and bowl finish. :thumbs:

Here's a link for a quick look... https://corncobpipe.com/charles-towne-c ... n-cob-pipe
My main beef with MM cobs is the crappy birch shank. If they made that pipe with a bamboo or briar shank, I'd buy 5 of them. I bought a Charles Towne Cobbler when they first came out, but found the acrylic bit to be extremely hard.. and at least the one I had weighed a solid 2 oz. It kind of pissed me off that they used a different sized tenon, which meant work was involved to go to vulcanite. Don't listen to me though.. I am a crotchey curmudgeon.
“To educate a person in the mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society.”
― Theodore Roosevelt
avid

Non-filtered

:cry:
insufferable filter guy