Some pipe art

Whalehead King

I figured I'd put this in this thread.

I've been cleaning up my office and found a portfolio of drawings I'd forgotten I'd made these pen-and-ink drawings. They date from 2010. Why did I make them? I don't remember. I'm sure I had some reason. They may have even been published and I am sure there were much more than I have now. I used to be a professional artist, for what that is worth. Being an artist is a cash-poor profession. These two photos are just a small sample. I'm sharing them because I think there is a receptive audience here. Nothing is for sale. They will remain in the WK archives to be donated to some fortunate university someday---or the Smithsonian!

An overview sample of a few of the things I uncovered/rediscovered the other day:

My particular favorite from this collection:

I love that one: Honor. Excellence. Purity. It's pretty much the PSF motto.

Finding these drawings have inspired me to buy some new paper and pens to make some more. I apparently have a smidge of talent. Your opinion may vary. No worries. I am really a dilettante more than anything else. I just like to noodle along and wile away my days.

I was very happy to find these drawings. I had forgotten them, and all the others, there are about 50, for, well, nine years. I've got a bug in my head to do some more paintings and drawings recently. It's the slow season at the inn so I have the time to pursue what I went to school for many, many, many years ago.
Surlywill

That last one looks like a great tattoo :D
“ If A is a success in life, then A=X+Y+Z. Work is X; Y is play; and Z is keeping your mouth shut.”
- Albert Einstein
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

I wish I had this talent. Drawing, I mean. If I could be anything it would be a cartoonist. I like your stuff there, WK!
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
avid

Whalehead King wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:23 pm I figured I'd put this in this thread.

I've been cleaning up my office and found a portfolio of drawings I'd forgotten I'd made these pen-and-ink drawings. They date from 2010. Why did I make them? I don't remember. I'm sure I had some reason. They may have even been published and I am sure there were much more than I have now. I used to be a professional artist, for what that is worth. Being an artist is a cash-poor profession. These two photos are just a small sample. I'm sharing them because I think there is a receptive audience here. Nothing is for sale. They will remain in the WK archives to be donated to some fortunate university someday---or the Smithsonian!

An overview sample of a few of the things I uncovered/rediscovered the other day:

My particular favorite from this collection:

I love that one: Honor. Excellence. Purity. It's pretty much the PSF motto.

Finding these drawings have inspired me to buy some new paper and pens to make some more. I apparently have a smidge of talent. Your opinion may vary. No worries. I am really a dilettante more than anything else. I just like to noodle along and wile away my days.

I was very happy to find these drawings. I had forgotten them, and all the others, there are about 50, for, well, nine years. I've got a bug in my head to do some more paintings and drawings recently. It's the slow season at the inn so I have the time to pursue what I went to school for many, many, many years ago.
very neat...
insufferable filter guy
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

Maybe the last one should be the PSF 2.0 logo for the line of custom Zippo lighters we eventually have made.
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
vwdeano

Great stuff! Thanks so much for sharing.
A dog is the only thing that loves you more than he loves himself.
Middle Earth

Agree, great stuff
You seem to be a Renaissance Man
Longshanks
Member in Good Standing

Awesome find~! Great looking pipe art there! :thumbs:

I used to doodle a bit, too. I'm sure I've got some stuff out in boxes in the garage, but my main piece is one that was published in 1989 as cover art for the South Dakota Division of Veterans Affairs "VET LETTER". The art commemorated Governor George Mickelson's executive proclamation of September 21, 1990 as P.O.W. - M.I.A. RECOGNITION DAY. I was 18 at the time and didn't know my future held 10 years of military service in store for me. Anywhoo... it's about 30 years old now and I still have it hanging above my desk. I figure one day soon I'll either present it as a gift to the SD Division of Veterans Affairs that authored the VET LETTER or let it be part of an auction to financially benefit some Veterans organization.

Longshanks
"He who shall, so shall he... wait, who?" :?