Bent vs. Straight

JTWilliams
Member in Very Good Standing

So, all my pipes are bent, but seeing all these straight pipes on here, my FOMO is kicking in. :lol:
Am I missing something?
"Yeah, well, y'know, that's just like, uh, your opinion, man."
-The Big Lebowski
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

I smoke'em both. A bent is great when I'm really relaxing, but a nice, light straight is a good smoke too. I don't really prefer one above the other.
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-
simplepipes
Codger in Training

Straight and always with a standard taper stem . . .

-sp
My vote has not been bought . . . I paid for my Undergraduate and Graduate Degrees . . .
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

My " collection " leans straight . I don't think one smokes better than the other. As far As possible flaws , I think a straight is less prone to crap draws or pipe cleaners not passing etc .. .
Four me , a billiard is where it's at , though I dig other shapes a hell of a lot , I've just purchased a lot if billiards . I think it stems as a correction of sorts from my younger days as a pipe smoker , when I had a collection of freehands , of which i have none of today ,
Hey , my first pipe was a half + bent ( billiard ) and it smokes and still smokes excellent . I have a 3/4 bent Volcano that I'm so in love with .
I really like both bent and straight . I clench a lot and each seem to work well if yhery are balanced and not a brick
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
arturo7
Member in Good Standing

I like both. But in a clenching situation, it has to be bent.
ever forward
CoreyR
Founding Member

I too smoke both, though I lean toward bent. Really just depends on my mood.
Islayphile
Member in Good Standing

CoreyR wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 7:12 am I too smoke both, though I lean toward bent. Really just depends on my mood.
Me too.
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

JTWilliams wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:15 pm So, all my pipes are bent, but seeing all these straight pipes on here, my FOMO is kicking in. :lol:
Am I missing something?
When I first started smoking, I went with bent pipes (mostly). Over the years I have migrated to straight (mostly). There is not a good reason for this really, so it is not as if I found some persistent problem with the bent pipes and moved on. Maybe it is aesthetics. Maybe it is the prevalence of larger bowls in the straights. Dunno.

I say smoke what you want to. It never hurts to try something new, and so if you need a reason to browse the 'Bay...
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
Tsal
Forum Decorum

simplepipes wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:56 pm Straight and always with a standard taper stem . . .

-sp
I'm a tapered stem fella as well. I only have one saddle and that's on my CustomBilt.
The Troll Whisperer
Tsal
Forum Decorum

JTWilliams wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:15 pm So, all my pipes are bent, but seeing all these straight pipes on here, my FOMO is kicking in. :lol:
Am I missing something?
Don't let us influence you... but you might like to have a straight pipe in your collection. Variety is the spice of something...lol
The Troll Whisperer