POY? ?

9 Iron
Founding Member

When Tom Eltang agrees to do our POY and keep it under $100 let me know. Barring that, probably not interested.
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

Maybe we need a smoke of the year. Everyone who wants to participate smokes CH or SWRA (or something we agree on) on the same day.
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
Whalehead King

Kevin Keith wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 5:56 pm Just so y'all know...I've nevah bought a POY and won't. I just don't see what the big deal is. I know Ruff was usually in on the POY in some way and someone always griped about people asking stuff and someone would get mad at someone...lol If y'all do decide to do it some day, just let me say here at the outset I won't be getting one and certainly won't be organizing anything! And I say that all the way from the bottom of my heart. I love y'all but not that much! :lol: :lol: :twisted: :o
Image Image
Oh, dancing bananas, you don't know how much I miss you. The world is a poorer place without dancing multi-colored bananas. :idea:
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

I'm saving the dancing bananas to my computer and Photobucket. Image
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Wildcrow
Founding Member

[*]Woah! Bananas?!
Wildcrow
Founding Member

Maybe a PTOY? Kickin Chicken seemed like a great idea. My entire train of thought with a group "thing" is more about buying into the group a little bit more. Not a huge commitment like a market value Tom Eltang, but some little trinket my kids look at when I'm dead and go "Damn, dad sure loved those guys". I don't know, I'm like that. I bought a unit shirt and ball cap. I bought unit challenge coins. I skipped a unit Kimber Pro Carry with stag scales (too much of a commitment). I have a belt buckle from an order I'm a life member of. I guess I just like the little trinkets that outwardly display something I spend a significant chunk of my time with.

A pipe tobacco of the year does seem a whole lot less permanent and could be had for little to nothing (I think). If not, I am still gonna be right here rambling on.
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

Fr_Tom wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 7:09 pm Maybe we need a smoke of the year. Everyone who wants to participate smokes CH or SWRA (or something we agree on) on the same day.
Or we could vote on the PSF Pipe Smoker of the Year. Send the winner a cob, some tobacco he, or she, likes and a regular Zippo. And make it run for the calendar year so it's easy to keep up with.
Image Image
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Wildcrow
Founding Member

More dancing bananas?! I'm really slacking @Kevin (dammit). I vote PSFSOY for the win.
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

Kevin Keith wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 9:45 pm
Or we could vote on the PSF Pipe Smoker of the Year. Send the winner a cob, some tobacco he, or she, likes and a regular Zippo. And make it run for the calendar year so it's easy to keep up with.
It is hard to go wrong with this combo.
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
sisyphus
Person of Interest

We need more members for a POY. And even then they might be more trouble than they're worth.
I hope our names are touching on the watch list