Missouri Meerschaum Goes Wacky On Us

Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

https://corncobpipe.com/product-category/cornabis/

Horrible marketing idea. If they were gonna do this maybe spend a few shekels on a new website and brand name. I'm old and crotchety, but come on. I wonder how this will play out for them over time. Actually, I hope they sell millions and invest in the machines to bring back Roxy, Columbia, Radio, and Golfer. But they won't.

The pipe names are kinda funny though...The Chub. The Minitoka. The 420. lol

And remember, you heard it here first.
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Dr Uhaha
Member in Very Good Standing

MM has been quietly making these for a few years. First time I saw one on Etsy I had to do some digging to figure out that it was an actual MM product and not an after market mod.

Makes sense from their point of view. Wacky tabbacky is being legalized in the Old Dominion and I believe Louisiana is talking about it too. Either MM makes them or the Chinese knockoffs control that market.
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

Never seen them before. And like I said, a terrible marketing idea. It is becoming legal in more and more states, but that doesn’t mean it is a good idea. There are lots pipe smokers who will be turned off by this. They are not going to like having their beloved corn cob pipe company now officially associated with smoking weed.
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Dr Uhaha

Kevin Keith wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 11:42 am Never seen them before. And like I said, a terrible marketing idea. It is becoming legal in more and more states, but that doesn’t mean it is a good idea. There are lots pipe smokers who will be turned off by this. They are not going to like having their beloved corn cob pipe company now officially associated with smoking weed.
This is where I first saw them:

https://www.etsy.com/listing/706546531/ ... y_viewed-2
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

Dr Uhaha wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 12:04 pm
Kevin Keith wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 11:42 am Never seen them before.

OK, see that’s what they should’ve done. Spent a couple hundred bucks on a website called cornabis and left the MM name out of it.
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Dr Uhaha

Kevin Keith wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 12:10 pm
Dr Uhaha wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 12:04 pm
Kevin Keith wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 11:42 am Never seen them before.

OK, see that’s what they should’ve done. Spent a couple hundred bucks on a website called cornabis and left the MM name out of it.
I agree with you on that point.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Cornabis-Dubie ... 890.l49286

Think what they've done until now is have this one authorized re-seller who has probably been doing direct marketing to headshops, etc. Must have ended up being too much money in it for them to ignore the market anymore.
Lostdog5152
Member in Good Standing

Crap. MM getting into the dope market. It just degrades the name and makes tobacco smokers shudder. Whats next, glass crack pipes with cob decorations? Its sad what some bean counters will do for a little money. Will you now have your pipe smashed to check for dope residue along with having your cigars ripped apart? Will a cob pipe on your car seat now be considered just cause for a big ugly German Shepherd to stick his face in your laundry basket? What a sick assed world this is turning into. No more new cobs for me, no matter what they come out with next.
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

Lostdog5152 wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 12:59 pm Crap. MM getting into the dope market. It just degrades the name and makes tobacco smokers shudder. Whats next, glass crack pipes with cob decorations? Its sad what some bean counters will do for a little money. Will you now have your pipe smashed to check for dope residue along with having your cigars ripped apart? Will a cob pipe on your car seat now be considered just cause for a big ugly German Shepherd to stick his face in your laundry basket? What a sick assed world this is turning into. No more new cobs for me, no matter what they come out with next.
Right, now cobs can legitimately be called paraphernalia
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Chef Benny
Codger in Training

Well .. I smoke machine made cigars .. and let's face it .. about 10% of machine made cigars are actually purchased to be smoked as machine made cigars.. the other 90% get twisted into hippie sticks.

I am not a Marijuana advocate, but if it weren't for the stoners.. the John Middleton company would've probably gone out of biz a long time ago. 😆 🤣

It's a 200 year old American tale.. with opinions galore on all sides ..

Fun Fact:
The Father of our nation George Washington grew corn, cannabis, and tobacco!
:shock:
~ Tobacco is part of a complete breakfast.
Chef Benny
Codger in Training

Horrible marketing idea. If they were gonna do this maybe spend a few shekels on a new website and brand name. I'm old and crotchety, but come on. I wonder how this will play out for them over time. Actually, I hope they sell millions and invest in the machines to bring back Roxy, Columbia, Radio, and Golfer. But they won't.

The pipe names are kinda funny though...The Chub. The Minitoka. The 420. lol

And remember, you heard it here first.

I totally agree!
~ Tobacco is part of a complete breakfast.