There Is A Season

Riff89

What kind of clenching leaves a stem looking like that lol. I’ve seen some bad ones but that’s one of the worst
Dr Uhaha
Member in Very Good Standing

Mr Beardsley wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 7:08 pm With independence day coming it may be more fun to strap a small-ish explosive to it and send it off proper
Fun Fact: Boys only marginally interested in long range shooting change their minds when they realize that you've hidden jars of tannerite in their targets. :D
Armycw2

That's a genuine codger artifact.
“If you can't send money, send tobacco.” GEN George Washington
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

Bamarick wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 1:08 pm
Fr_Tom wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 11:47 am Impressive - maybe a ziptie?
Why did I think of you when I saw the pipe :D You should buy it and bring it back to life.
I did buy the bondo cob set.

I wonder if it has a Captain Black ghost or something that would take forever to smoke out?
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
Dr Uhaha
Member in Very Good Standing

The only thing missing from this puppy is some worn cloth tape around the shank.

Frankly the thing concerns me: What would happen to the person who dared to smoke it? What secrets does it keep? Am I trying to talk myself into buying it?!

Plan: 1) Gentle reaming, 2) Scrub pipe completely, including removal of all finish, 3) Gentle rehydration of wood, 4) Reconstruction of pipe with water putty, 5) sand and sculpt, 6) stain, 7) fashion hand cut vulcanite stem, 8) clean airways completely 8) buff with carnauba, 9) coat bowl with carbon and honey, 10) load pipe and smoke once before putting in drawer and forgetting for 15 years. ✔
Lostdog5152
Member in Good Standing

The old pipe is ready to go to its rest in that big burley patch in the sky. Take it behind the barn and shoot it. Its the only merciful thing to do.
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Armycw2 wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 7:47 pm That's a genuine codger artifact.
You know this guy smoked this pipe and made it work until the day he died. That's the way it used to be. People didn't have money to drop on custom pipes. They had one pipe and they smoked it for all it was worth and then some. Plug tobacco from the general store.

Codger pipe, indeed. The best kind. It belongs in a museum not in a bonfire.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

if that pipe could talk , it would shudder and say " Ive seen some shit , man "
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Dr Uhaha wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 9:12 pm ... 10) load pipe and smoke once before putting in drawer and forgetting for 15 years. ✔
There is always that 'who cares?' aspect that dooms many a project. I understand the conundrum. It will be interesting to attempt but, in the end, who cares when you're done? Was it worth it? No one can answer the question but the person who went through steps 1-9.

It's not me.

-- The Rhinestone Dandy.