ImageImageImageImageImage
This post by Piping Abe liked by (total 3):
Puff nstuffFr_TomThelonious monkfish
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

I'd definitely fire those bad boys up and let them do what they were made for
This post by Mr Beardsley liked by (total 3):
Piping AbeFr_TomThelonious monkfish
"To alcohol! The cause of, and solution to, all of life's problems" Homer J Simpson
Piping Abe

Mr Beardsley wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 11:36 am I'd definitely fire those bad boys up and let them do what they were made for
I think i’m leaning towards that too.
This post by Piping Abe liked by (total 3):
Mr BeardsleyFr_TomThelonious monkfish
simplepipes

Use Medico filters if you can find them . . . I find the Dr. Grabow filters far too restrictive.

-sp
This post by simplepipes liked by (total 4):
Piping AbeFr_TomThelonious monkfishCitizen B
Wildcrow
Founding Member

By the looks of those filters, someone has already gotten use out of those pipes. Id smoke em
This post by Wildcrow liked by (total 5):
Kevin KeithThelonious monkfishsimplepipesPiping AbeCitizen B
Thelonious monkfish

That's a sweet score, those are likely from the early 80s. Another vote to smoke 'em, those stems are all ABS plastic, if you chew it up the factory will replace for cheap. Hell, if they have any old vulcanite stock that fits they'll put that on if you ask. The panelled Duke is nice, must have had some amazing grain if they sliced that much off before rusticating. Bet it smokes flawlessly.
This post by Thelonious monkfish liked by (total 2):
Piping AbeKevin Keith
Thelonious monkfish

simplepipes wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 4:03 pm Use Medico filters if you can find them . . . I find the Dr. Grabow filters far too restrictive.

-sp
But do continue to buy Dr. Grabow filters, their sale is what keeps the lights on at Sparta. Dead serious.
This post by Thelonious monkfish liked by (total 4):
Piping AbesimplepipesKevin KeithHawkwood
simplepipes

Thelonious monkfish wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 8:59 pm
simplepipes wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 4:03 pm Use Medico filters if you can find them . . . I find the Dr. Grabow filters far too restrictive.

-sp
But do continue to buy Dr. Grabow filters, their sale is what keeps the lights on at Sparta. Dead serious.
They need to do a little QC . . . perhaps I need to reach out to them and let them know. In all fairness I have only purchased two boxes and both are the same.

-sp
This post by simplepipes liked by (total 3):
Piping AbeThelonious monkfishKevin Keith
Piping Abe

Wildcrow wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 8:35 pm By the looks of those filters, someone has already gotten use out of those pipes. Id smoke em
When I first saw it, I thought the same. But the “pre-smoked” makes me think they were presmoked by a machine that was in their old ads.
This post by Piping Abe liked by:
simplepipes
Piping Abe

Thelonious monkfish wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 8:57 pm That's a sweet score, those are likely from the early 80s. Another vote to smoke 'em, those stems are all ABS plastic, if you chew it up the factory will replace for cheap. Hell, if they have any old vulcanite stock that fits they'll put that on if you ask. The panelled Duke is nice, must have had some amazing grain if they sliced that much off before rusticating. Bet it smokes flawlessly.
If someone were to send in a adjustomatic, stinger or blue/yellow/white what have you spade, would they replace it as well if needed? Always wondered that.
This post by Piping Abe liked by:
Thelonious monkfish