Look what I found...

Preacher1611
Member in Good Standing

So I walk along the river a lot around my place. Find a lot of old bottles and such, I've even found a few indian head pennies. About a month ago I was picking up some cool bottles when I came across this being kissed by the splash of the river against the bank:

ImageImage

Couple links to info. on Dorni pipes for those interested:

https://www.mytreasurespot.com/main/read.php?3,496753

https://books.google.com/books?id=lVDjK ... pe&f=false
Preacher1611
Member in Good Standing

I of course was ecstatic to find such a thing and spoke aloud with shock and awe. Praising God to have found something I have always wanted to find I rinsed it off in the mystical waters of the Mohawk. I sent pics to my buddy who also is a pipe smoker and he thought it was awesome too. Took it home and cleaned it up so's that I could put it on display. THEN, on June 2 at around 5:30pm I found this:

ImageImage
Preacher1611
Member in Good Standing

This pipe looks as if it was pretty big once upon a time. I found this one stuck in the mud, barely visible, broken side down. I spotted something as I was looking around, pulled it out when I saw the pattern. I was all "no way, no way, I can't believe I found another clay pipe" (or something to that effect anyway) as I was pulling it out of the ground. I haven't cleaned this one up yet, the other one was easy as it looked the way it does clean, it just had some mud in and on it; this one you can see is a little green and what not. I'll be scouring both sides of the river in both directions like a fiend from now on to see if I can find anymore! Hope ya'll enjoyed the pics!
Wooda
Founding Member

nice
Underwater Basketweaver.
Baskets of basket pipes.
ncrobb
Founding Member

Great finds!
“I’d like to ride the rodeo, but I got Brahma Fear.” - Jimmy Buffett
avid

Cool, wonder how old it is...you could look for pics of old ones on the internet and maybe find something similar. The decorative portions and lettering seem pretty unique, I've only seen smooth ones from the 1800's
insufferable filter guy
mrpipster
Solid Citizen

Thats pretty cool man. I used to do a lot of cat fishing in my youth along the banks of the Missouri River. I never found anything worth keeping.
"Fear is the Mother of Morality." Friedrich Nietzsche
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

You can contact Dawnmist studios . Imho , she's the greatest clay pipe maker and her knowledge of the history of clay pipes is what she does . She also has an extensive collection of old old clays ... she's one killer woman , man ... I think her name is Heather [ ? ] She's married to a witch , apparently , and maybe that helps her pipes be so wicked good ..................................... but probably not :lol: Who am I to judge

http://www.dawnmist.org/pipesale.htm
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Preacher1611
Member in Good Standing

So... I went out on the river Saturday and found this:

ImageImageImageImage
Preacher1611
Member in Good Standing

As of yet, uncleaned it is.