Greywoodie Has Acquired Kaywoodie

Tsal
Forum Decorum

It's good to hear Kaywoodie lives on to fight another day.
The Troll Whisperer
Puff nstuff

Tsal wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 3:48 pm It's good to hear Kaywoodie lives on to fight another day.
Me too, I'm happy to hear this news.

I suspect that the days of a mail order Medico at a special back-of-the-box price are over, though. I haven't seen a new filter box with an updated price for 2024.
Because sometimes the body just wants canned fish. 🦪
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Puff nstuff wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 2:34 pm
Tsal wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 3:48 pm It's good to hear Kaywoodie lives on to fight another day.

I suspect that the days of a mail order Medico at a special back-of-the-box price are over, though. I haven't seen a new filter box with an updated price for 2024.
Only time will tell. I hope that he doesn't do away with the mail order pipe, I mean, who doesn't like nostalgia?
The Troll Whisperer
Puff nstuff

Tsal wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:17 am

Only time will tell. I hope that he doesn't do away with the mail order pipe, I mean, who doesn't like nostalgia?
Good point. But he's gonna need some help if he wants to keep up with that along with all the regular pipemaking.
Because sometimes the body just wants canned fish. 🦪
rekamepip
Codger in Training

Puff nstuff wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:13 pm
Tsal wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:17 am

Good point. But he's gonna need some help if he wants to keep up with that along with all the regular pipemaking.

Good News
I hope he gets a good jump start into business and is able to expand into to a full team of employees. It would be great to see a full lineup of products in every pipe shop !

Heck I would be bold enough to even suggest a line of bowling Team shirts like we suggested a while back

Go Team Checker !

Maybe after he gets settled in
Someone needs to invite him over here at PSF so he can see our enthusiasm
:clap:
HSigurdsson

"Greywoodie has acquired Kaywoodie"?!?!?!?
Now I have a woodie!!

Sorry.
Piping Abe
Certified Codger

From Nathan’s Newsletter today:

Kaywoodie Pipes are back, and not just temporarily. Bill and I have reached an agreement and I have purchased Kaywoodie. At first, I will be releasing pipes that Bill started and I am finishing, but as I transition, I will be bringing in all of the remaining equipment and supplies, so there should be very little delay before I am making Kaywoodie pipes at the same approximate rate that he was.
The first batch is live right now, with more to follow as soon as possible. Obviously, I have a lot of construction and equipment moving, setting up, etc. to do at the same time, but production will continue to ramp up from there.
All of this comes at the fifth anniversary of Greywoodie. Just as I was trying to make something special for five years, I was given something far more special than just a limited release. Instead, I get to announce a glorious return of our favorite historical brand.
I will not lie, it is surreal to take on the 173 years of history that comes with this announcement and acquisition, but I cannot wait to carry the brand forward. Without you, my customers, collectors, and friends, I would not be in the position to take this on. Fortunately, your business has put me in the Kaywoodie factory long enough to have learned almost everything Bill knows. The fact that he asked me to take over as the only person that he trusts to do right by the brand has made me feel ways I will never be able to explain or understand.
Before this gets too long and emotional, thank you all for being the driving force behind me fulfilling every dream with Greywoodie, and now Kaywoodie as well.
Best,
Nathan
The Secret to Happiness is Low Expectations
Silver
Certified Codger

Excellent news! Looking forward to seeing his work, and making a purchase or two!
Plinsc
Member in Good Standing

Good to see!
Just a hill William with a BS in Appalachian Engineering