Manhattan pipe

Mrm1775

Wed Mar 13, 2019 8:51 pm

Wondering if any of you guys know anything about these pipes.
I saw one that strikes my fancy, but I know nothing about them. Found a little info online, just trying to talk myself into or out of.
This post by Mrm1775 liked by:
Fr_Tom
As an example to others, and not that I care for moderation myself, it has always been my rule never to smoke when asleep and never to refrain when awake. Mark Twain, 70th birthday speech.
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:26 am

I dig Manhattan, I do . Got lots of family back in NYC. Not familiar with the pipe though . You got a link ?
" Ya don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows "
Mrm1775

Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:34 pm

https://www.etsy.com/listing/686013013/ ... ipe-marked
The price is very reasonable and I like the style, I don’t mind putting some work into it, but would hate to and find out it’s a bad smoker.
As an example to others, and not that I care for moderation myself, it has always been my rule never to smoke when asleep and never to refrain when awake. Mark Twain, 70th birthday speech.
Mrm1775

Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:39 pm

Ruffinogold wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 11:26 am
I dig Manhattan, I do . Got lots of family back in NYC. Not familiar with the pipe though . You got a link ?
I forgot to tag you. Oops
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:42 pm

Mrm1775 wrote:
The price is very reasonable and I like the style, I don’t mind putting some work into it, but would hate to and find out it’s a bad smoker.
That looks like a nice old pipe . Back in the day , there was plenty of old briar about . It's straight and what looks like a factory pipe. A factory should be able to drill straight . I woukdntvwory aboutg it not smoking good , I could buff that to a glow in 5 minutes with my buffer . I see a huge price not in dollars .. Maybe I'm in a weird etsy setting ? Anyway , if it's cheap , it sure looks nice . The long briar shank is wicked cool , man
This post by Ruffinogold liked by (total 2):
Mrm1775Peacock
" Ya don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows "
Mrm1775

Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:54 pm

Ruffinogold wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:42 pm
Mrm1775 wrote:
That looks like a nice old pipe . Back in the day , there was plenty of old briar about . It's straight and what looks like a factory pipe. A factory should be able to drill straight . I woukdntvwory aboutg it not smoking good , I could buff that to a glow in 5 minutes with my buffer . I see a huge price not in dollars .. Maybe I'm in a weird etsy setting ? Anyway , if it's cheap , it sure looks nice . The long briar shank is wicked cool , man
I’ve done a little research and they have been in business a pretty long time with various owners.
I was thinking a good cleaning and buffing would do it wonders. We just talked me into it.
This post by Mrm1775 liked by (total 3):
LongshanksPeacockFr_Tom