What is the worst cigar you ever smoked?

Lostdog5152
Member in Good Standing

Just ran into a real unadulterated dog rocket. Unfortunately, I can't give you a name. I got this abomination in a bunch of cigars I got from a neighbor who had quit cigars quite a while back. He said his son had given him a box of these when he got back from a military tour in Spain. They came in tubes which he removed when he put them in his humidor, evidently to dry out without any attention for a few years. He would have done better to bury the humidor. Naturally, he didn't remember the name. I rehydrated them along with the rest and settled down with a glass of iced tea for a leisurely smoke. From the first puff I knew something was terribly wrong. These things (I can't call them cigars) tasted like I imagine Egyptian mummy stuffings would taste like. It got progressively worse as the smoke went on. Halfway through. I tried another and only made it a quarter of the way. I had two left and trashed them. I went to sleep that night and dreamed of flamethrower tanks and Spanish tobacco barns.
rlucas
Member in Good Standing

I can't re-call a cigar so bad that I couldn't smoke it.
Sorry, yes I can. Don't remember the name but I got a package at the now closed local cigar store for free. Some kind of cowboy, Clint Eastwood spaghetti western looking thing. Rolled so tight yoi couldn't get a draw and when you loosened it and got it lit, it tasted nasty and smelled like a cow turd.
"That's mighty bold talk for a one eyed fat man!" -Lucky Ned Pepper.
Wildcat
Codger in Training

I've had a few stinkers here and there. Nothing I can remember in particular and in all honesty it was probably more me than the cigars. Just not for me kinda thing.
I wonder if "blame Wildcat" will become a theme here? - Fr_Tom
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

The worst I ever had was from Cigars International, the Duque Churchill. More like the Dookie Churchill. These were an ultra-budget brand and being a notorious cheapskate, I had to buy a bundle. It was sometime back and they really were at bargain basement prices, not what they go for nowadays. They tasted horrible.

I had to see what was in those things. They were advertised as a Cuban sandwich. They weren't. They were made up of very loosely packed "fish food". One of them had a piece of red plastic thread rolled up in it. No, really. I kid you not. I threw them out and I never do that. Just awful, unsmokable.

FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

I think I don't like Victor Sinclair cigars. I got a huge sampler and all the ones I didn't like in the sampler were Victor Sinclairs. I have steered clear of Victor Sinclairs ever since, but, they may have been Rocky Patels. It was so long ago that I can't remember right so I don't buy either brand if I can help it. I know it was one of them so I decided not to risk it and boycott both. That's why I stick with Finck----I don't have to worry where they come from.

I think they were Sinclairs but I don't wan't to take a chance so I don't buy Patels, either. Better safe than sorry.

This is entirely my subjective experience and I am not trying to dissuade anyone from sampling cigars made by either brand. Sinclair or Patel, they're all the same to me. They may be the cigar for you if you have an open mind.

I will tell you that if you buy a box of US Grants, you will rue the purchase and smoke them with regret until that box is finally empty and in the trash. You will never buy a box of US Grants again, even if they are on sale 2 for 1.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
sisyphus
Person of Interest

I made the rounds of some highly rated Cigar Aficionado cigars back in my cigarbid days. There were some Rocky Patel, Perdomo and others that were really bad.

Once I switched to Cubans, I used to compare their Cuban and non-Cuban reviews. I don't know where they come up with this stuff and I think advertising with them gets a better score than the actual cigar.
I hope our names are touching on the watch list
mrpipster
Solid Citizen

Citizen B wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:29 pm I think I don't like Victor Sinclair cigars. I got a huge sampler and all the ones I didn't like in the sampler were Victor Sinclairs. I have steered clear of Victor Sinclairs ever since, but, they may have been Rocky Patels. It was so long ago that I can't remember right so I don't buy either brand if I can help it. I know it was one of them so I decided not to risk it and boycott both. That's why I stick with Finck----I don't have to worry where they come from.

I think they were Sinclairs but I don't wan't to take a chance so I don't buy Patels, either. Better safe than sorry.

This is entirely my subjective experience and I am not trying to dissuade anyone from sampling cigars made by either brand. Sinclair or Patel, they're all the same to me. They may be the cigar for you if you have an open mind.

I will tell you that if you buy a box of US Grants, you will rue the purchase and smoke them with regret until that box is finally empty and in the trash. You will never buy a box of US Grants again, even if they are on sale 2 for 1.
Count me out on the Sinclairs also. Man those couple I tried sucked.
"Fear is the Mother of Morality." Friedrich Nietzsche
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

mrpipster wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:08 pm
Citizen B wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:29 pm I think I don't like Victor Sinclair cigars. I got a huge sampler and all the ones I didn't like in the sampler were Victor Sinclairs. I have steered clear of Victor Sinclairs ever since, but, they may have been Rocky Patels. It was so long ago that I can't remember right so I don't buy either brand if I can help it. I know it was one of them so I decided not to risk it and boycott both. That's why I stick with Finck----I don't have to worry where they come from.

Count me out on the Sinclairs also. Man those couple I tried sucked.

I always know in my bones that it's Sinclairs but they were so disappointing that I don't want to take a chance and that's why I lump Patels in with them. Those cigars were weak, man. Pitiful. Someone will occasionally gift me a Patel and, when I reluctantly finally smoke it, I think it isn't bad but then I remember that bad experience with the sampler and I confuse Patels with Sinclairs.

How do you feel about Patels? I haven's smoked a lot of them, obviously, but none that I remember has been a real stand-out to make me rethink my prejudices.

Oh, wait, this isn't a PM. No one wants to eavesdrop on our private conversation about Sinclair cigars. This is public knowledge. The subject of this thread is the worst cigars we've ever smoked.

The worst cigar on the market today is General Grant. The verdict is as good as unanimous. These cigars are real stinkers with a loose roll, wrapper falling off midway, bitter bordering on tasteless, unable to keep lit. They're stinkers. https://www.cigarsinternational.com/p/g ... s/1466665/
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

There are ties for quite a few ...

For the flavorless pos award ..

Cusano
Balmoral

The pos award for a cigar with flavor ..

The worst flavor is a bundle brand called La Primadora .. the Maduro . I had a customer that bought a bundle every two weeks . Its all he smoked . I tried a few times to get him to try other stuff by giving him cigars , lol . This old guy was a salty dog sailor from back in the day . Most of his fingers were in half or nubs from being a boilermaker onboard ship . His voice was gruff . He probably ate iron and crapped nails . Anyway , the La Primadora maduro [ he bought a churchill or Lonsdale size ] tasted like burnt tobacco and charcoal

Imho , alot of these new brands that make medium bodied cigars are just crap . They have no distinct anything . No highs or lows or interest . Just a blah flavor that eventually gets worse . I dont recall brands but they are brands that didnt exist 20 years ago and youll see them at places like thompson cigar
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.