Always On Hand Blends

Wildcrow
Founding Member

Puff nstuff wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 11:26 am I'm still very very new, so every tobacco I've ever bought or received is 'always' with me, so far. 😆

Of those I've been smoking regularly, I think that Orlik GS and Granger will be long term favorites. Possibly also something with Latakia like John Bull or MM American Patriot, and some sort of British flake if they ever start exporting them again - but there are still so many blends out there for me to try that I'm sure there will be others. I've got a long list of 'Must Tries' pending!

I have really appreciated all the info I've gleaned from these sorts of posts on this forum, so I thank all those who take the time to post their preferences and opinions. :thumbs:
Dont glean too much. Apparently we smoke some heavyweights.
Puff nstuff

Wildcrow wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 3:09 pm
Puff nstuff wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 11:26 am I'm still very very new, so every tobacco I've ever bought or received is 'always' with me, so far. 😆

Of those I've been smoking regularly, I think that Orlik GS and Granger will be long term favorites. Possibly also something with Latakia like John Bull or MM American Patriot, and some sort of British flake if they ever start exporting them again - but there are still so many blends out there for me to try that I'm sure there will be others. I've got a long list of 'Must Tries' pending!

I have really appreciated all the info I've gleaned from these sorts of posts on this forum, so I thank all those who take the time to post their preferences and opinions. :thumbs:
Dont glean too much. Apparently we smoke some heavyweights.
Duly noted, thanks!
Because sometimes the body just wants canned fish. 🦪
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Super-Value. It's like 15 bucks a pound.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Jlando19

Well I officially have a lot of tobacco now. (By my standard anyway.)

Escudo is on the top of that list for sure.

Then:
MB Dark Twist
PSLBF
HALF&HALF
Old Dominion

This might change.
"Good enough" is a false idol. Beware those that preach its virtue.
Wildcrow
Founding Member

@Puff nstuff i was joshin man. Have at it! I highly recommend the strong blends
Puff nstuff

Wildcrow wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 5:54 pm @Puff nstuff i was joshin man. Have at it! I highly recommend the strong blends
Poco a poco is the way I roll anyway. I picked up some HH ODF and it certainly gave me a nic jolt on the first bowl! I liked the flavor so much that maybe I was just hitting it too hard, IDK. I know I'm a lightweight when it comes to vitamin N. :lol:
Because sometimes the body just wants canned fish. 🦪
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Add Half and Half to whatever I said pages before . I cant imagine not smoking it pretty often , kinda like when MCB was around
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Thelonious monkfish
Codger in Training

Ruffinogold wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 8:47 pm Add Half and Half to whatever I said pages before . I cant imagine not smoking it pretty often , kinda like when MCB was around
Add some Perique to that Half & Half. It's beautiful.
Thelonious monkfish
Codger in Training

Thelonious monkfish wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 4:32 pm Might add to it but with no thought off the top of my head

CH
PA
SWRA
SPRT
Perique, I add it to stuff. Try Half and Half or BLWB cut with it.
Anniversary Kake
Sutliff 507
Newminster SNF and SRS
Grasmere
Ennerdale
Coniston
3P's was but it seems to be gone and I'm left with but a few plugs
Condor was for the Irish stuff but I'm down to one plug and a couple pouches, still feeling out the Polish stuff now and again until I'm satisfied enough with it to purchase any significant amount

There are plenty others I'd like to keep stocked but working around a budget and getting to put back anything I enjoy is more than good.
If anything I'm fairly consitant regarding taste, aside from having recently finished a tub of SWRA, that's the only one currently not on hand. Thought I had another... time to start watching for sales.

Edit to add I have acquired more Irish Condor since then. Somehow.
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Thelonious monkfish wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 8:49 pm
Ruffinogold wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 8:47 pm Add Half and Half to whatever I said pages before . I cant imagine not smoking it pretty often , kinda like when MCB was around
Add some Perique to that Half & Half. It's beautiful.
I need to dig out my perique and try that
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin