Is this worth reading?

Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

I didn't read any more than the caption under Kaz and Mary's picture and the first sentence. They call pipe smoking a hobby. OK, I guess it is for some people.

I'm not going to read the whole thing but I felt like commenting.

ps No offense, but who names their kid Kaz? He turned out ok I suppose, but c'mon. Lots of names out there, people. Get with the program.

pps Hobby, hobby, hobby. I really don't care what they call it as ling as they keep Grand Croupier, Low Country Bulks, and Rossi Vittorias in stock. That's all I need SP for.
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Tsal
Forum Decorum

The only pipe smoking stuff I care to read about is right here at PSF, I can't be bothered anywhere else, it's all bologna. Watching it on YouTube is even worse.
The Troll Whisperer
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

Bruyere_Royale wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 5:50 am The only pipe smoking stuff I care to read about is right here at PSF, I can't be bothered anywhere else, it's all bologna. Watching it on YouTube is even worse.
Actually, you are 100% right.
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Kevin Keith wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 6:14 am
Bruyere_Royale wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 5:50 am The only pipe smoking stuff I care to read about is right here at PSF, I can't be bothered anywhere else, it's all bologna. Watching it on YouTube is even worse.
Actually, you are 100% right.
That old Kaywoodie/Grabow forum has some good information, but that's my only venture away from PSF.
The Troll Whisperer
Wildcrow
Founding Member

Did anyone else get the feeling that the 23 year old lighting tech had a very punchable face? Not that violence is my MO :lol: . If he sat next to me at a bar, id probably hurt his feelings. At least he has a job
Houtenziel
Codger in Training

Kevin Keith wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 5:10 am pps Hobby, hobby, hobby. I really don't care what they call it as ling as they keep Grand Croupier, Low Country Bulks, and Rossi Vittorias in stock. That's all I need SP for.
Who knows, maybe they will succeed in "hobbying" their way past the tobacco nazis and they will start selling pipes and tobacco at Hobby Lobby.
“To educate a person in the mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society.”
― Theodore Roosevelt
Ronv69
Founding Member

I guess it's for me, a bit of a hobby. I enjoy smoking different blends and seeing how they and my tastes change over time. I love the pipes as art which is why I have so many. I mostly enjoy the camaraderie of my pipe smoking friends.
God and Texas!
Ronv69
Founding Member

Wildcrow wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 7:28 am Did anyone else get the feeling that the 23 year old lighting tech had a very punchable face? Not that violence is my MO :lol: . If he sat next to me at a bar, id probably hurt his feelings. At least he has a job
Yeah, both of them do. And Cumberbatch. Merry is ok though.
God and Texas!
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Ronv69 wrote: Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:40 am I guess it's for me, a bit of a hobby. I enjoy smoking different blends and seeing how they and my tastes change over time. I love the pipes as art which is why I have so many. I mostly enjoy the camaraderie of my pipe smoking friends.
Building model planes is hobby. Smoking is smoking.
The Troll Whisperer
Dr Uhaha
Member in Very Good Standing

Considering the inordinate amount of time a lot of pipe smokers spend obsessing over their pipes and tobaccos, it does seem that there are 'hobby' elements to it for most. I've known a few guys who smoked pipes just for the nicotine, but those are the exceptions nowadays, and not something I aspire to. If pipe smoking wasn't something I could take or leave, like cigarettes, then I would kick it out of my life.