" bug out ".. Items and thoughts

Tsal
Forum Decorum

Ruffinogold wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 9:48 pm
Ronv69 wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 9:39 pm
Ruffinogold wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 8:43 pm I do keep food in the van , like a few meals worth ... behind the seat . I figure , my luck , Ill slide off the road in winter and drop down way out of sight . Might take some time to get out of that , especially if something gets broken . Might sound stupid but if you knew the roads here during snow , its pretty brutal to get around . Ive come close numerous times and did slide off a few times .. but luckily , not in a spot where Id drop out of sight . I avoid driving in snow here like the damn black plague . There isnt cell reception everywhere and dead zones every 100 feet it seems and that doesn't help
Aren't you thinking about moving to the Canadian border?

Lol , no . Actually looking at SC , NC and TN . The wife is looking at TN , VA and a few other God forsaken states I wont go to

I did look at extreme North PA . I dig it up there and Pittsburg would be the closest big city . I hate big cities but dig Pittsburg and Nashville . I wont be moving to PA but its fun to look at
Extreme North PA!? You're from Jersey fer cryin' out loud! Lol
The Troll Whisperer
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

Ronv69 wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 6:22 pm Made a new friend with a bulldozer, a backhoe
Lucky duck
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Bruyere_Royale wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 10:10 pm
Ruffinogold wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 9:48 pm
Ronv69 wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 9:39 pm
Aren't you thinking about moving to the Canadian border?

Lol , no . Actually looking at SC , NC and TN . The wife is looking at TN , VA and a few other God forsaken states I wont go to

I did look at extreme North PA . I dig it up there and Pittsburg would be the closest big city . I hate big cities but dig Pittsburg and Nashville . I wont be moving to PA but its fun to look at
Extreme North PA!? You're from Jersey fer cryin' out loud! Lol
Ive been south so long .. I hear ya :thumbs:
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
CoreyR
Founding Member

Ruffinogold wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 4:35 pm yeah , bugging out is over rated like I eluded to in the op . At this point in the thread , Im more interested in any good camping food options . Im going to order a bougie mre and check that out and that freaking Ice cream ... yeah , jeez man .. gotta try that . It just seems bizzaro as hell
Ya know, "Pack it Gourmet" makes some really good trail food. Kinda texmex though. I have GRD so I have to watch what I get from them for spiciness but they are good. There is a place in Minnesota, I cannot recall the name of it, that also makes trail food and is good, less spice with theirs but they lack PiGs marketing flare.