Port, sir?

Tsal
Forum Decorum

Citizen B wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 5:22 pm
Puff nstuff wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 11:04 am :lol:
Citizen B wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 9:58 am

You could have both started and finished with #4. ;)
This, coming from the guy who always takes every topic in 10 different directions... :lol:
You're thinking of someone else. I don't know who it is but I do know that it isn't me. I see my job as trying to bring things back on topic when they get out of hand. An extensive review of the archives will justify this observation.

I know I may seem to be an instigator but that's just a role I play to hide my true agenda. It's hidden in plain sight.

The only reason I'm here today is to make sure this port thread doesn't go off the rails. Keep it clean, boys, keep it clean and on the up-and-up.

I don't want to bore you with my existential dilemmas but, I'll tell you, there are some days when I know how William Shatner feels when people try to imitate him.

Shatner is the only person I can think of able to pull off that lavender outfit he's wearing. Well, really, if I'm injected with truth serum, I have to admit that I can imagine @Bruyere_Royale wearing that outfit with aplomb. It pairs perfectly with a fez and a glass of tawny port. The most attractive thing you can wear is confidence. Actually, I can see a lot of people from PSF rocking that look now that I think of it.
I wear a light lavender shirt in the summer. I like purples.
The Troll Whisperer
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Best thing I ever put in my mouth ... Churchills Port 1985 . Its become to expensive to buy these days but OMG ... insane . I prefer a cigar with a good port
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Puff nstuff

Dow's Ruby is doing me just fine this evening.
Because sometimes the body just wants canned fish. 🦪
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Puff nstuff wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 1:15 am Dow's Ruby is doing me just fine this evening.
Snob.
The Troll Whisperer
Ronv69
Founding Member

Tsal wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 1:33 pm
Puff nstuff wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 10:33 am
Bruyere_Royale wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 10:15 am Where are your Port Tongs?
Ahh, were that I was in a position to need port tongs! Unfortunately I can only afford to drink the non-vintage or LBV stuff.

Maybe one day...
You can open any bottle with hot tongs it doesn't have to be vintage. You'll impress the missus, don't forget to light a candle.
I found one set of port tongs for sale. $151 plus shipping. No thanks.
God and Texas!
Ronv69
Founding Member

Tsal wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 8:12 pm
Citizen B wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 5:22 pm
Puff nstuff wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 11:04 am :lol:

This, coming from the guy who always takes every topic in 10 different directions... :lol:
You're thinking of someone else. I don't know who it is but I do know that it isn't me. I see my job as trying to bring things back on topic when they get out of hand. An extensive review of the archives will justify this observation.

I know I may seem to be an instigator but that's just a role I play to hide my true agenda. It's hidden in plain sight.

The only reason I'm here today is to make sure this port thread doesn't go off the rails. Keep it clean, boys, keep it clean and on the up-and-up.

I don't want to bore you with my existential dilemmas but, I'll tell you, there are some days when I know how William Shatner feels when people try to imitate him.

Shatner is the only person I can think of able to pull off that lavender outfit he's wearing. Well, really, if I'm injected with truth serum, I have to admit that I can imagine @Bruyere_Royale wearing that outfit with aplomb. It pairs perfectly with a fez and a glass of tawny port. The most attractive thing you can wear is confidence. Actually, I can see a lot of people from PSF rocking that look now that I think of it.
I wear a light lavender shirt in the summer. I like purples.
Hold your breath. 🟣
God and Texas!
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Ronv69 wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 10:24 am
Tsal wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 1:33 pm
Puff nstuff wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 10:33 am

Ahh, were that I was in a position to need port tongs! Unfortunately I can only afford to drink the non-vintage or LBV stuff.

Maybe one day...
You can open any bottle with hot tongs it doesn't have to be vintage. You'll impress the missus, don't forget to light a candle.
I found one set of port tongs for sale. $151 plus shipping. No thanks.
Snobbery isn't cheap! I mean, cost effective. :lol:
The Troll Whisperer
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

I recently purchased a bottle Of churchills 1985. It was one I drank for many years and it got too expensive but i just said f*** it and did it anyway?

Best thing I ever put in my mouth
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Puff nstuff

Tsal wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 9:55 am
Puff nstuff wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 1:15 am Dow's Ruby is doing me just fine this evening.
Snob.
Huh? :?:
Because sometimes the body just wants canned fish. 🦪
Ronv69
Founding Member

[*]I like port and sherry. I've bought many bottles over the years. My favorite was a Spanish sherry that came in a chrome bottle. It eventually got too expensive. I mean it went from $9.95 to $35 back in the late 70s to the early 80s. I would hate to guess what it costs now. If I buy a bottle now it's usually what's cheap. But not the American stuff! 🤮
In 2012 I bought a bottle of Kopke Tawny Port from Spec's liquor in Houston. It was so wonderful that I drove to every Spec's I could get to that still had stock and ended up with about 10 bottles. It was a special Spec's 50th Anniversary edition. I have one bottle left that I'll probably open for my birthday.

God and Texas!