What's In Your Lip?

sisyphus
Person of Interest

Ruffinogold wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:00 pm The only time ill put something tobacco in my mouth is chew .. and it's pretty rare . Beechnut is pricey but I get Chattanooga pretty cheap . A pouch will last me a long time and it's a decent chew . The flavor doesn't hang out as long as Beechnut or Redman , but I don't chew for a long period per dip ... if i did , I'd buy Beechnut
when I lived in Arkansas I used to chew Union Workman pouch
I hope our names are touching on the watch list
Wildcrow
Founding Member

Ruffinogold wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:00 pm The only time ill put something tobacco in my mouth is chew .. and it's pretty rare . Beechnut is pricey but I get Chattanooga pretty cheap . A pouch will last me a long time and it's a decent chew . The flavor doesn't hang out as long as Beechnut or Redman , but I don't chew for a long period per dip ... if i did , I'd buy Beechnut
Have you had King Bee Twist? It's made in my old home town. Tastes like mammoth cave but doesn't slam you with nicotine like the former.
colorduke

Stokers Long cut wintergreen,not bad for $1.69 a can.
mrpipster
Solid Citizen

So I need a primer on Snus.
It is supposed to be a pouch of tobacco that requires no spitting right?
I would really enjoy a wintergreen flavor as I really enjoy Stokers wintergreen.
Thanks.
"Fear is the Mother of Morality." Friedrich Nietzsche
Wildcrow
Founding Member

Longhorn Fine Cut Natural.
keensmoke
Founding Member

mrpipster wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 7:21 pm So I need a primer on Snus.
I would really enjoy a wintergreen flavor as I really enjoy Stokers wintergreen.
Thanks.
Correct, you put it in the upper lip generally toward the front of the mouth. You will get some drip (especially after having a portion in for a while) but no need to spit. Its also pretty much impossible to tell you're using it, especially if you have a mustache, so that's a bonus if you're like me and work at a tobacco-free workplace.

Where I live (and maybe this is all of USA) the only swedish snus I can get is General. The swedish stuff is much better than what the american brands (like Camel) are putting out (imo of course), and more pure. If I remember right it is pasteurized rather than having a bunch of chemicals added...

anywho I digress - General has a wintergreen flavor that is pretty good. Kinda sharp and even has a pleasant sting in my mouth. I'd recommend trying it.
I used to order online to get a variety of brands and flavors, but these days I just get General for my everyday, though for me it is the mint. They have it at a few gas station chains and Meijer gas stations here in the midwest. Usually it is in its only little General mini-fridge back by the rows of other smokeless. (And you keep your cans that you're not using in the fridge for freshness too)

They have a locator you can use to see if its sold near you:

https://generalsnus.com/find/finder/
keensmoke
Founding Member

And I should add besides gas stations a lot of times cigar stores and cigarette/discount tobacco stores will have it as well, at least around me.
sisyphus
Person of Interest

mrpipster wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 7:21 pm So I need a primer on Snus.
Thanks.
Bigger gas station chains like QT, Kum n Go, BP, Loves and Pilot should have General. If you end up trying a tin sometime and like it, snuscentral.com and snusdirect.com are where I buy mine. They're both in Sweden, and you will pay $30 for 2 day UPS shipping, but roll prices are cheaper than American brands. I order 4 rolls at a time for about $100 shipped, because they always have some sale or coupon code. I double bag it and keep it in the freezer til I'm ready to use it, and I find that for one year out of the freezer it is indistinguishable from fresh. After one year I can tell a difference, so I watch how many rolls I hoard.

For me the big pluses of snus were:
1) Discretion. No drip means no spitting and no one need know you're using it.
2) Any level of nicotine you want, from Unwise to Sensible.
3) No health study has ever connected snus use with any kind of health issue
4) I just think the Swedish stuff is a better tobacco product
I hope our names are touching on the watch list
janim1

Enjoying General classic pouch snus right now.
janim1

After a good meal, there's nothing better than Göteborg's ràpe pouch in your lip .