Gulag or Customer Service

Dr Uhaha
Member in Very Good Standing

Was sitting in a restaurant yesterday and the couple in the booth next to me was playing the "complain for a freebie" game. Overhearing all of their frivolous allegations over and over again, and how their server was straining to be polite, it reminded me of how grateful I am that I do not have to deal with the public on a regular basis. Can't imagine dealing with these kinds of pr*cks on a regular basis.
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Yeah , I hear ya . If I were Professor X .... thered be exploding people about :lol:
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Big Iron
Member in Good Standing

I had to deal with people like that when I worked as a waiter back in college. Before I knew it they put me in the back of house on maintenance
After a tray was slung at a wall in the kitchen in the midst of dealing with that kind of horse shit. I was working with tools again and not dealing with shitty customers. Was a winning scenario for me at the time.
"Keep your nose in the wind, your eye along the skyline"
Del Gue
Houtenziel
Codger in Training

I've never understood this behavior. To me, this is chickenshit extortion.
I've only ever been comped a meal one time in my life. I ordered some black eyed peas, and found a pebble in there and the waiter noticed it on the edge of my plate. I was not concerned.. if you've ever looked through dried beans, it happens. They comped me anyway, so I tipped the full meal price. No free lunch.
“To educate a person in the mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society.”
― Theodore Roosevelt
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

The more you charge the more you weed out the riffraff. I hate to do it but I don't need to the trouble.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Wildcrow
Founding Member

Citizen B wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 5:08 pm The more you charge the more you weed out the riffraff. I hate to do it but I don't need to the trouble.
Kudos. I hate the complainers. They should be neutered and spayed
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Wildcrow wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 6:07 pm
Citizen B wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 5:08 pm The more you charge the more you weed out the riffraff. I hate to do it but I don't need to the trouble.
I don't feel that strongly about sterilizing people who are cheapskate scammers. They should jut go someplace else. Let someone else deal with them.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Wildcrow
Founding Member

Citizen B wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 6:23 pm
I don't feel that strongly about sterilizing people who are cheapskate scammers. They should jut go someplace else. Let someone else deal with them.
But... They breed and multiply
Houtenziel
Codger in Training

“To educate a person in the mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society.”
― Theodore Roosevelt
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

If I complain, you had it coming.
FJB