The official what bourbon/whisky are you drinking

Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Wooda wrote: Thu Jul 26, 2018 5:25 am A small glass of Old Overholt on the rocks last night to celebrate finding a bottle of Old Overholt at the liquor store.
A super valid reason to celebrate !
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Whalehead King

Mother Nature made it whiskey. Father Time made it bourbon.

Nine long years in a barrel. One glorious hour in a glass.

What wind does to mountains, time does to bourbon.

Tree rings multiply. Glaciers speed by. And still bourbon waits.

On May 15th, we'll be rotating barrel #1394 one-quarter turn to the left. Just thought you'd like to know.

They can't make good bourbon slow enough.

Good bourbons were first bottled when whiskeys were knee high to a swizzle stick.

Good bourbons were first bottled when American History was an easy course.

Good bourbons were first bottled when the Wild West meant Kentucky.

The recipes for good bourbons have been around since 1796. Don't bury them in a mint julep.

Over 100 years old and still found in bars every night.

If a good bourbon could get any more behind the times, it would. Old ways are best.

...Kind of like great Canadian whisky. Only it's bourbon. And it's from Kentucky. And it's tastier.
JBRiner

I killed my bottle of Buffalo Trace. I have replaced it spot in the cabinet with Clyde Mays’ Alabama Style Whiskey...it’s good, but when this bottle is gone I’ll be going to something different. I’m trying to just keep 6-7 bottles at a time.
Adwyth
JBRiner

Just tried some Laphroig 10. I love the smoke in this one. It’s almost a good lat heavy English blend in a glass!
Adwyth
mrpipster
Solid Citizen

Got lucky and found a bottle of Weller Special Reserve today. I hear good things about it. I have never had it before but will try some shortly.
"Fear is the Mother of Morality." Friedrich Nietzsche
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Went on a quick booze run today. Didn't find anything spectacular but grabbed another handle of Evan Williams, a bottle of OGD 114, and Bernheim wheat whiskey (a heaven hill product)
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
Rusticated

Mr Beardsley wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 4:22 pm Went on a quick booze run today. Didn't find anything spectacular but grabbed another handle of Evan Williams, a bottle of OGD 114, and Bernheim wheat whiskey (a heaven hill product)
Love the EW BIB. I discovered I DO like the wheated whiskies and bourbons for the touch of sweetness it brings. The Bernheim, being 100% wheat is great in my book...especially at that price point.
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Rusticated wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:25 pm
Mr Beardsley wrote: Fri Sep 14, 2018 4:22 pm Went on a quick booze run today. Didn't find anything spectacular but grabbed another handle of Evan Williams, a bottle of OGD 114, and Bernheim wheat whiskey (a heaven hill product)
Love the EW BIB. I discovered I DO like the wheated whiskies and bourbons for the touch of sweetness it brings. The Bernheim, being 100% wheat is great in my book...especially at that price point.
I'm also a fan of the wheated whiskeys and that's why I was glad to finally get my paws on a bottle of bernheim (Wyoming was my second choice but it was sold out) and see the difference between a traditional mashbill with wheat added and a mashbill with wheat as the primary grain. It was the last bottle on Total Wine's shelf so someone is buying it. It's also nice to find a brand that still puts an age statement on the bottle
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
whitebriar

i'm partial to Evan Williams--good drink; moderate price--
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

" Nothing spectacular " !? .. man , that sounds like a spectacular run to me . What were you after ?
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.