Sutliff Screw Cap Tubs

Wildcat
Codger in Training

Anyone have any experience with reusing these for tobacco storage?

I've never found them to be as good as the old Middleton push top tubs, but I might give it a run.
I wonder if "blame Wildcat" will become a theme here? - Fr_Tom
sisyphus
Person of Interest

I think any of these tubs should keep the tobacco fine for as long as it takes you to smoke it, but I wouldn't trust any of them for long term.
I hope our names are touching on the watch list
Tsal
Forum Decorum

When I open a tub to smoke I always cover the top with a folded piece of saran wrap then screw the lid back on. Stays fresh..I've had tubs for close to a year and the tobacco is perfect.
The Troll Whisperer
Wildcat
Codger in Training

Tsal wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 3:59 pm When I open a tub to smoke I always cover the top with a folded piece of saran wrap then screw the lid back on. Stays fresh..I've had tubs for close to a year and the tobacco is perfect.
This is what I bwas thinking of doing.

The ild Middleton tubs with the push toos, pushed the air out. Things stayed good for a loooong time, lol! They were awesome 😎
I wonder if "blame Wildcat" will become a theme here? - Fr_Tom
Lostdog5152
Member in Good Standing

Tsal wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 3:59 pm When I open a tub to smoke I always cover the top with a folded piece of saran wrap then screw the lid back on. Stays fresh..I've had tubs for close to a year and the tobacco is perfect.
Never tried this, but I will. Sounds good to me.
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Does the saran wrap tear when it gets caught in the threads so that you have to get a fresh sheet every time you open the tin or can you use the same piece of saran wrap multiple times?
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Citizen B wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 8:25 pm
Does the saran wrap tear when it gets caught in the threads so that you have to get a fresh sheet every time you open the tin or can you use the same piece of saran wrap multiple times?
It holds up if your not overly cranking on the lid. I've changed it a few times over the course of a year.
The Troll Whisperer
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

I agree that theyll keep well enough while you smoke out of it . I think the middletons are pretty damn excellent and will keep a hell of a long time . The screw ons , probably for the length of time to smoke . I dont trust the screw ons for long storage .
Now, a sealed middletons tub ... I think theyre good to go a long time but I dont know how long . Ive got a tub of MCB [ the only 1 i got , sadly ] and Ive had it for about 10 years ... I think . I wonder if I should pop it and jar it .
It could never hurt to jar something , it really cant . I just like leaving the tubs sealed in storage ... but its chancy at some point
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.