Today’s harvest (Not for weenies)

Riff89

The most hated fish in the North Country. Most people catch ‘em and leave them on the ice… not this guy they are a pain in the Butt to get boneless so I just cut the fillets off skin them, freeze them and grind them y bones and all and make delicious fish Pattie’s. My grandmother taught me this trick a few years back and I’ve been doing it since. We caught a dozen perch as well they are all boneless fillets in the freezer now.
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Riff89 wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 9:55 am Image

The most hated fish in the North Country. Most people catch ‘em and leave them on the ice… not this guy they are a pain in the Butt to get boneless so I just cut the fillets off skin them, freeze them and grind them y bones and all and make delicious fish Pattie’s. My grandmother taught me this trick a few years back and I’ve been doing it since. We caught a dozen perch as well they are all boneless fillets in the freezer now.
Its funny how they just look ahead . Youd think hed be eyeballin ya :D
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Riff89

Ruffinogold wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 10:50 am

He was dispatched yesterday afternoon with the swift whack of an ice skimmer lol. The last thing he saw was a bald ugly guy with a corncob pipe sticking out of his face. Ice fishing is a lot of fun and it helps to break up the winter blues especially when you have a nice sunny day like we had yesterday.
Lostdog5152
Member in Good Standing

Riff89 wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 12:25 pm
Ruffinogold wrote: Thu Feb 03, 2022 10:50 am

He was dispatched yesterday afternoon with the swift whack of an ice skimmer lol. The last thing he saw was a bald ugly guy with a corncob pipe sticking out of his face. Ice fishing is a lot of fun and it helps to break up the winter blues especially when you have a nice sunny day like we had yesterday.
I saw that movie Grumpy Old Men with those ice shacks. Kind of reminded me of my smoke shack. Can you fellow southerners imagine a decked out smoke shack where you could fish through the floor! I would move in the darn thing and not come out till the ice started cracking in the spring.
mrpipster
Solid Citizen

Wildcrow wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 9:01 pm
mrpipster wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 9:04 pm I could use tail feathers if your so inclined.
You need feathers? What kind
If any of you hunters have any pheasant feathers laying around I could use some. I will trade ya some tobacco for them.
"Fear is the Mother of Morality." Friedrich Nietzsche
Nhsmoker

You did what needed to be done.
Do people eat bobcat I have never heard of that.
BlueRidge
Member in Good Standing

Too soon to be slaying the whistlepig menace but here we are

Removed 2 Starlings as well the bastids always harassing the bluebirds
Wildcat
Codger in Training

BlueRidge wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 9:37 am Too soon to be slaying the whistlepig menace but here we are

Nice
Some folks peel and eat. Do you?
I wonder if "blame Wildcat" will become a theme here? - Fr_Tom
BlueRidge
Member in Good Standing

Wildcat wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 9:52 am
BlueRidge wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 9:37 am Too soon to be slaying the whistlepig menace but here we are

Nice
Some folks peel and eat. Do you?
never have but I know my grandparents did along with possum :o I can't stand them for the holes hidden in meadow grass to break your leg or ones that sink my shed.
HSigurdsson

We need to eliminate the occasional predator on our farm.
But our dogs take care of it for the most part.
As far as eating that bobcat, you may be surprised.
Ive eaten just about everything in North America over the years.
The only two things I did not like at all were opossum and musk ox.
For 12 years I was a state veterinarian for the state of Alaska.
Ive been on some pretty epic hunts.
All for food, no trophy hunting.
Im not against trophy hunting, just not my thing.
I forgot to add this.....
I have never eaten bobcat but I have eaten mountain lion, and it is absolutely delicious.