So long old friend.

Ruffinogold
The Mayor

rekamepip wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 8:41 pm I might have to get me another hat

I saw this an immediately started looking for Half and Half hats ... didnt find a one . I found an SWR hat but it was from a smoking contest event . It was kinda cool but the hats were way to cheesy and cheap looking for me to want to wear
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
rekamepip
Codger in Training

Ruffinogold wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 7:18 pm
rekamepip wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 8:41 pm I might have to get me another hat

I saw this an immediately started looking for Half and Half hats ... didnt find a one . I found an SWR hat but it was from a smoking contest event . It was kinda cool but the hats were way to cheesy and cheap looking for me to want to wear
Yeah the above red man hats that I’ve seen look cheap too
But when I find a good one worth buying I’ll let you know
ncrobb
Founding Member

Well, In East TN it’s still good old Red Man. At least for now. I’m not a chewer but I picked up a pouch just to have one. I had no idea it so expensive, like $9.75.
“I’d like to ride the rodeo, but I got Brahma Fear.” - Jimmy Buffett
mrpipster
Solid Citizen

I bought a pouch. I am waiting for a day I can go rock hunting to have any though. Maybe Tuesday. I'm trying to score an empty box. I have a original advertising piece that looks like this I forgot I had.

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/81J ... UL320_.jpg
"Fear is the Mother of Morality." Friedrich Nietzsche
Riff89

“Good cigar leaf” that’s the redman difference!
mrpipster
Solid Citizen

Riff89 wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 7:00 pm Image

“Good cigar leaf” that’s the redman difference!
That would be so cool to own.
"Fear is the Mother of Morality." Friedrich Nietzsche
Riff89

I actually chewed quite a bit of red man this summer while fly fishing. Trying to smoke a pipe and cast dry flies just wasn’t working out for me, so I’d buy redman or Copenhagen for fishing. Anyone who can manage a pipe and fly fish has wayyyy more coordination than I possess.
Lostdog5152
Member in Good Standing

Riff89 wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 7:25 pm I actually chewed quite a bit of red man this summer while fly fishing. Trying to smoke a pipe and cast dry flies just wasn’t working out for me, so I’d buy redman or Copenhagen for fishing. Anyone who can manage a pipe and fly fish has wayyyy more coordination than I possess.
Scuba diving is even harder. Nicotine patches work out well if you wear a wetsuit.
Riff89

:lol:
Lostdog5152 wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 8:30 pm
Riff89 wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 7:25 pm I actually chewed quite a bit of red man this summer while fly fishing. Trying to smoke a pipe and cast dry flies just wasn’t working out for me, so I’d buy redman or Copenhagen for fishing. Anyone who can manage a pipe and fly fish has wayyyy more coordination than I possess.
Scuba diving is even harder. Nicotine patches work out well if you wear a wetsuit.
colorduke

Aw Red Man chew was one of my favorites back in the 80'sMy friend Mike and I were the Red Man Raiders we saved our empty pouches until the next coupon came out for Red Man gear,we got hats,sweatshirts,pocket knives just to mention a few.we collected belt buckles old advertising,the good old days but the memories are still here as the commercial you to say this is Red Man Land.