Bundle cigars discussion and what are you smoking

Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

I just posted this in the WMMCAYST thread but it equally applicable here. Rather than reinvent the wheel, I'm going to cut and paste:

Here's a shout out to Finck. What a pleasure to deal with them. I called. I didn't have the catalog in front of me and I didn't want to fiddle-faddle around with the computer, so I just called. I set up a subscription for two bundles of Texas Smokers Perfectos to be delivered every 30 days starting tomorrow. It went off without a hitch and it took less time than doing it online. I didn't get to talk to Audrey but this new young lady they have working the phone is very pleasant.

Will I be able to smoke 40 Texas Smokers Perfectos in 30 days before the next shipment arrives? Yes.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

Wildcat wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:41 pm
Kevin Keith wrote: Mon Mar 22, 2021 2:23 pm Here are five bundles I can recommend. Palma Real (Jose Blanco) and Free Cuba advertize as long filler. New Cuba (Casa Fernandez), The Edge Fumas (Rocky Patel), and Factory Smokes (Drew Estate) are mixed filler. All of them run right at $35 for 25 cigars except for The Edge Fumas which come in 20 count bundles.

@Kevin Keith do these need to be stored in a humidor?
I’m gonna say yes. It’s pretty humid here, so I don’t really have a problem with them drying out.
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Ok. The Casa Garcia Connecticut Churchill is what a White Owl or King Edward dreams to be .
Ya know how WO and KE are mild with that added HTL flavor .... CG bundle are like elegant versions of a WO , with of course no htl . I love WO cigars but these CG are sooooooooo good! They aren't expensive, just more than an MM cigar

The robusto is tbe best of the line that I've had so far but the shop I've been snagging them at in FL hasn't had them in stock the last few times 8ve been down there . The guy sells a lot of them

I know I've been going on about these but they are the best mild bundle cigar for the money by far . Mild being key

One day I'll find a med bundle that rocks but I find with more flavor, , more quality is nessusary , imjo . I've nit had a full on flavor bomb cigar that was ever damn gois and cheap , though Im sure there's one out there
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
rlucas
Member in Good Standing

Ruffinogold wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 8:12 pm Anyone have these before ? Theyre JC Newman , which I dig , but Ive never had these .. Good ?

https://www.cigar.com/p/quorum-cigars/1411909/
I'm late to the party, I know. I have smoked these quite often. They ain't horrible. They are a good "yard gar". I have one thats been in my humidor for a little over a year. Maybe I'll smoke it today.
"That's mighty bold talk for a one eyed fat man!" -Lucky Ned Pepper.
mrpipster
Solid Citizen

rlucas wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:49 am
Ruffinogold wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 8:12 pm Anyone have these before ? Theyre JC Newman , which I dig , but Ive never had these .. Good ?

https://www.cigar.com/p/quorum-cigars/1411909/
I'm late to the party, I know. I have smoked these quite often. They ain't horrible. They are a good "yard gar". I have one thats been in my humidor for a little over a year. Maybe I'll smoke it today.
Listen to @Ruffinogold. Those Casa Garcica Connecticut robustos are legit. At least I think so. I understand @Citizen B has some in his possesssion he can try. He will chime in when he dose try them I'm sure.
"Fear is the Mother of Morality." Friedrich Nietzsche
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Casa Garcia Connecticut ... Ill not ever bother trying another Connecticut wrapped bundle cigar . This is THE one

My next thing will be to find a damn good , either Maduro or Claro bundle
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

I'm looking at JR cigar and noticed that the casa garcia Connecticut is one of their top sellers . Man ,im not kidding .. they are lovely . Im bringing some down to Miami for my Pop to try . Its his type of cigar all the way . I generally like a richer cigar but I enjoy mild smokes as long as they have flavor . I think hes gonna love them

https://www.jrcigars.com/cigars/handmad ... r-bundles/
Thelonious monkfish
Codger in Training

I've smoked a few of the Casa Garcia Connecticuts, Ruff is correct, light but tasty. Wayyyy cheaper than Perdomo or Ashton, not as refined, but more easily enjoyed at their price point.
Houtenziel
Codger in Training

Guess I will have to add some Casa De Garcia to the next order. I've been smoking pretty much nothing but cigars since our move to KY. I normally smoke smaller ring gauge cigars, but I will make an exception and toss some robustos in there. Anyone tried the Maduro? I love me some Maduro.
“To educate a person in the mind but not in morals is to educate a menace to society.”
― Theodore Roosevelt
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

I havent tried the Casa Garcia Maduro .... yet I dont think . But Ill be back at ma's in Florida week after next and I will snag one to try . The little B&M there has near all the Casa Garicas and near all the Quorum as well . I like to " splurge " on a brick House when Im tere too