Carter Hall

Lostdog5152
Member in Good Standing

Citizen B wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 6:33 pm Middleton? Shmiddleton!
At this time I would have to agree. There was a time before internet when Middleton blends were about all you could find besides Captain Black White in the local stores. They fulfilled a real need for some people like me. Now not so much. With less demand and the tobacco nazis succeeding in getting tobacco products removed from store shelves a big part of the market just dissolved overnight almost. Brick and Mortar Tobacconists like to sell house blends and the fancy tins. The old stuff takes up shelf space I guess or the profit margin is not there. Cloned and counterfeited rather badly under different names Middleton is just about done. Maybe Lane or Sutliff will come out with a Schmiddleton line that actually duplicates the old blends. Probably not. Is that TAPS I hear playing in the distance? :(
rekamepip
Codger in Training

What did they stop production again?
Wildcat
Codger in Training

Kevin Keith wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 11:40 am After all Middleton has done to devastate their brands since 2014, I’m helping them achieve their corporate goal by not buying anything they make.
Nothing worth buying anymore. I was never a fan of CH and PA was always, meh, ok-ish, for me. But to your point KK, you're right, I've purchased my last box of Black&Milds. Thank you.
I wonder if "blame Wildcat" will become a theme here? - Fr_Tom
Lostdog5152
Member in Good Standing

rekamepip wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 6:19 am What did they stop production again?
Not that I know of yet but the clock is ticking.
rekamepip
Codger in Training

I kinda figured Carter Hall and Prince Albert we done gone since they were both out of stock at smokingpipes and both on back order at P&C
rekamepip
Codger in Training

In regard to Chatham manor and the PA match blends

They are both good in their own way but not what I would consider as match blends although both of those do taste much better with a couple years of age on them
(It kinda gets rid of that underlaying
slight green/not cured
nuance flavor that I find in the background)

Toss in a little Izmir Turkish in with the PA match and let it sit for a year makes a great smoke - just saying