Cavendish

mrpipster
Solid Citizen

I know its a way to prepare tobacco and not an actual tobacco variety. I know there is a lot more to it but,I was wondering what kind they use in LBF. :?:
"Fear is the Mother of Morality." Friedrich Nietzsche
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

mrpipster wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 4:54 pm I know its a way to prepare tobacco and not an actual tobacco variety. I know there is a lot more to it but,I was wondering what kind they use in LBF. :?:
Thats a good question . Its a tough one to call out . Id guess a light air cured burley [ ? ] or maybe a Dark air cured that doesnt taste as heavy as a dark air cured could taste .. ? ... but thats just a guess . Lol , its probably virginia just because I think its a light air cured . In America , both are used in many an aro blend and will contain both at some portion of each . In general , the over seas stuff [ other than PS bulk type stuff ] , the cavendish is less processed and steamed . If you were to pick out the cavendish that MB uses .... it isnt a black cavendish like Lane BCA , for example . it isnt taken that far in processing

Just thinking of cavendish make me want a bowl of SPBC . I did enjoy a bowl of China Black Fire Cured today .. its freakish good . I so love the American styled cavendish stuff
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Wildcat
Codger in Training

I'm a big fan of SPBC.

I miss Sutliff Tobac Noir. It was really really good.

I wonder if "blame Wildcat" will become a theme here? - Fr_Tom
Puff nstuff

TR website says it's an uncased black Cavendish. Now, whether that Cavendish is made from Virginia or burley I wouldn't know. Some seem to think it is of medium strength in the nicotine department, so that might indicate it is burley, but your guess is as good as mine.
Because sometimes the body just wants canned fish. 🦪
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Cavendish is steamed. I know that. It is usually dark. I think Black Cavendish is the richest.

I don't think there is a Super Value Cavendish blend, but I may have overlooked it. Good things are wasted on me.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Wildcat
Codger in Training

Citizen B wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 6:28 pm Cavendish is steamed. I know that. It is usually dark. I think Black Cavendish is the richest.

I don't think there is a Super Value Cavendish blend, but I may have overlooked it. Good things are wasted on me.
Not bad at all. Good in fact.

I wonder if "blame Wildcat" will become a theme here? - Fr_Tom