My new humidor

Thelonious monkfish
Codger in Training

Wildcat wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 5:21 pm
mrpipster wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 3:45 pm You dont HAVE to put machine mades in a humidor. The cello thing is your choice. If they come that way I keep them that way.
These need some humidification IMO. Also these are all HTL wrappers, not sure if that makes a difference either. I normally buy smaller quantities and burn through them (thus my humidor ignorance) but I couldn't pass up a sale on boxes of 50. And as was mentioned earlier, with prices rising, I'd like to stay ahead.
Do you have an empty tub on hand? I've stored cigars for a year in a PA tub before, aged just fine. Have also used boveda packs in mason jars and mylar.
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Last night I pulled the trigger on a Renzo glass top humidor. Gonna buy a few sticks when it arrives.
The Troll Whisperer
Riff89

Tsal wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 10:10 am Last night I pulled the trigger on a Renzo glass top humidor. Gonna buy a few sticks when it arrives.
I have one and it works well. Mine is packed right now it has been so cold I haven’t wanted to brave the elements for a stogie. I had some trouble with it losing humidity back in January and I had to re season it but it’s been fine since. My house gets super dry in the winter 20% humidity is pretty much average from Jan-March at casa de Riff. The guitars stay in the basement during the winter for that reason lol.
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Riff89 wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 9:55 pm
Tsal wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 10:10 am Last night I pulled the trigger on a Renzo glass top humidor. Gonna buy a few sticks when it arrives.
I have one and it works well. Mine is packed right now it has been so cold I haven’t wanted to brave the elements for a stogie. I had some trouble with it losing humidity back in January and I had to re season it but it’s been fine since. My house gets super dry in the winter 20% humidity is pretty much average from Jan-March at casa de Riff. The guitars stay in the basement during the winter for that reason lol.
I have dry air in my house too, hot water base board heat. I run a humidifier in my kids room but that's about it. It doesn't phase me.
The Troll Whisperer
Riff89

Tsal wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 12:31 pm
Riff89 wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 9:55 pm
I have dry air in my house too, hot water base board heat. I run a humidifier in my kids room but that's about it. It doesn't phase me.
We have forced hot water too. We rented a mobile home years ago and they have forced hot air that was the worst!
Big Iron
Member in Good Standing

Thats a NICE setup for the stogies! I like the boveda packs and have had good experiences with them in my humidor. But mine is a bit smaller of an environment.
"Keep your nose in the wind, your eye along the skyline"
Del Gue
Chef Benny
Codger in Training

My wife rarely gets me tobacco related gifts. So to my absolute shock, I came home to find this beautiful Cabinet style humidor waiting for me on the kitchen table. This is such a nice surprise. I still need to figure out how to set this thing up!

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
~ Tobacco is part of a complete breakfast.
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Wow! I think she may be a keeper @Chef Benny :lol:
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin