Reginal Beer back in the day

Riff89

When I was still drinking I had a preference for regional beers. Up home it was Narragansett but when I traveled I drank whatever the local cheap swill was. Ballantine, Hamms, Shaefer, Gennesee, Yuengling (before they started really spreading, Iron City and probably a bunch I don’t remember. I drank tons of beer back then, I miss it sometimes I’m not gonna lie lol. Nothing beat getting out of work on a hot ass summer day and knocking back a ton of cold brews. We had this thing going in Connecticut where the train went through every evening while we were all drinking by the truck and the conductor would always act bummed out that he couldn’t drink with us so we spent the rest of the summer trying to get that guy a beer as he rolled slowly by. I tried tossing them a few times but he couldn’t catch it we finally tied a beer to a piece of conduit and used it like a fishing pole and he got it lol. He was probably pissed that it was a Narragansett but hey we tried.
Wildcat
Codger in Training

My dad drank a beer called Sunshine when I was very young. Back in the days of the milkman, traveling bread/grocery man and yes, a beer and soda man. Returnable glass bottles and wooden cases. While he sold the name brand beverages, dad and mom swung for the cheap seats. Costa soda and Sunshine beer. Anyone ever heard of Sunshine?? I've never found an empty bottle in my travels through barns, thrift stores or junktique shops.
I wonder if "blame Wildcat" will become a theme here? - Fr_Tom
Riff89

Wildcat wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 4:25 pm My dad drank a beer called Sunshine when I was very young. Back in the days of the milkman, traveling bread/grocery man and yes, a beer and soda man. Returnable glass bottles and wooden cases. While he sold the name brand beverages, dad and mom swung for the cheap seats. Costa soda and Sunshine beer. Anyone ever heard of Sunshine?? I've never found an empty bottle in my travels through barns, thrift stores or junktique shops.
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Riff89 wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 5:23 pm
Wildcat wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 4:25 pm My dad drank a beer called Sunshine when I was very young. Back in the days of the milkman, traveling bread/grocery man and yes, a beer and soda man. Returnable glass bottles and wooden cases. While he sold the name brand beverages, dad and mom swung for the cheap seats. Costa soda and Sunshine beer. Anyone ever heard of Sunshine?? I've never found an empty bottle in my travels through barns, thrift stores or junktique shops.
Ive never see that before
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

Ruffinogold wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 5:38 pm
Ive never see that before
Me either. It reminds me of a fancy one of these.

FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Wildcat
Codger in Training

Awesome!!! Thanks for getting me closer!
I wonder if "blame Wildcat" will become a theme here? - Fr_Tom
Tsal
Forum Decorum

My parents opted for the economical beer as well, they also only drank the little nip bottles, Shlitz or Bud. Fancy party beer was always Löwenbräu. Mainly they preferred booze.
The Troll Whisperer
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Tsal wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 6:28 pm My parents opted for the economical beer as well, they also only drank the little nip bottles, Shlitz or Bud. Fancy party beer was always Löwenbräu. Mainly they preferred booze.
Booze is the way to go for me . Beer is a lot of liquid consumption and Im not into it . Booze .... it doesnt take a lot of drinking quantity
simplepipes
Codger in Training

I grew up in Omaha . . .

I remember Falstaff and Storz.

-sp
My vote has not been bought . . . I paid for my Undergraduate and Graduate Degrees . . .
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

simplepipes wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 8:29 pm I grew up in Omaha . . .

I remember Falstaff and Storz.

-sp
Storz ... thats one Ive not heard of ... cool :thumbs: