Sanctum Sanctorum

Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Ronv69 wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 5:45 pm
Mr Beardsley wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 4:58 pm
Ronv69 wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 8:52 pm

I only have 210-220. Very middle of the road. 😉
That's an incredible number Ron. How many years did it take to acquire that many? I get to where they're piled beyond the capacity of my racks and get self conscious
I'm ashamed to say that I acquired about 150 of them in a year, 2013-14. I couldn't find the Peterson that I got in Shannon so I went on eBay to find a pipe. Most of those first ones were crap, but it was a learning experience.. I've since gotten rid of a bunch and bought more, gradually improving the quality. I've been at around 200 for 8 years.
That's fantastic. I know we all have stories of loss on ebay gambles :lol:
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Mr Beardsley wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 3:45 pm
Ruffinogold wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 5:58 pm Ive got a few places I hang around here but the porch is the one I frequent most

3 guitar players in one house . Add three more since this picture was taken [ its as bad as PAD }

The newest gitter

If I had a porch like that I'd never leave it
Im actually painting it tomorrow . I so love my porch . Sometimes I have it full of crap when Im switching material out of my van from one trade to another .... then it doesnt looks so good , lol . But I have my fingers crossed that the next place will have a nice porch . If not , it will have to have a guest house or something extra cool
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Ronv69
Founding Member

Mr Beardsley wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 6:47 pm
Ronv69 wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 5:45 pm
Mr Beardsley wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 4:58 pm

That's an incredible number Ron. How many years did it take to acquire that many? I get to where they're piled beyond the capacity of my racks and get self conscious
I'm ashamed to say that I acquired about 150 of them in a year, 2013-14. I couldn't find the Peterson that I got in Shannon so I went on eBay to find a pipe. Most of those first ones were crap, but it was a learning experience.. I've since gotten rid of a bunch and bought more, gradually improving the quality. I've been at around 200 for 8 years.
That's fantastic. I know we all have stories of loss on ebay gambles :lol:
It wasn't eBay's fault, but my ignorance that was the problem. Most of the pipes are eminently smokable.
God and Texas!
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Ruffinogold wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 6:55 pm
Mr Beardsley wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 3:45 pm
Ruffinogold wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 5:58 pm Ive got a few places I hang around here but the porch is the one I frequent most

3 guitar players in one house . Add three more since this picture was taken [ its as bad as PAD }

The newest gitter

If I had a porch like that I'd never leave it
Im actually painting it tomorrow . I so love my porch . Sometimes I have it full of crap when Im switching material out of my van from one trade to another .... then it doesnt looks so good , lol . But I have my fingers crossed that the next place will have a nice porch . If not , it will have to have a guest house or something extra cool
Nice thing about being in the trades is that if you buy a place lacking a porch you can always build one
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
Richard Hanson

Citizen B wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 12:35 pm I am stuck at home supervising some kind of renovations to the inn. I am rarely at home during the day, so I am stuck in my sanctum sanctorum, what guests to La Belle like to call my "man cave." I do not think of it as a man cave so much as my office. I call it "the shed, as in, "I'll be in the shed," or, "You can always find me in the shed in the evening."

The shed is where I mainly smoke pipes and cigars. I do this while I am reading and writing and painting and doing whatever it is I do with my free time. I am making a Civil War diorama today out of soldiers I purchased at Dollar General---the high quality kind.

I have collected a number of wooden cigar boxes, the kind with the sliding doors, and I glued them together and it is the centerpiece of my desk in the shed. It is where I store all my smoking accoutrements and things that I might need in a pinch without going to the main house, like a needle and thread, or a piece of scotch tape, floss, things like that.

Here is a photo:

It is about three feet tall. I have decided to stop adding to it before it topples over. It has been turned out to be very handy.

As you can see, my desk is total chaos. It is a wonder that I ever get anything done. You should see the rest of the room. It is as cluttered as my mind.

I am curious if anyone else has a dedicated place where they repose for a contemplative smoke in order to restore your peace of mind and solve the world's problems in your head.
Gents,

I love the use of the boxes and I have been thinking hard about what to do for a pipe rack. I bet I could repurpose some wine wood for a nice pipe rack.

Warmest Regards,
Richard
Living the lesepfeife life.
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Richard Hanson wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 2:50 pm
Citizen B wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 12:35 pm I am stuck at home supervising some kind of renovations to the inn. I am rarely at home during the day, so I am stuck in my sanctum sanctorum, what guests to La Belle like to call my "man cave." I do not think of it as a man cave so much as my office. I call it "the shed, as in, "I'll be in the shed," or, "You can always find me in the shed in the evening."

The shed is where I mainly smoke pipes and cigars. I do this while I am reading and writing and painting and doing whatever it is I do with my free time. I am making a Civil War diorama today out of soldiers I purchased at Dollar General---the high quality kind.

I have collected a number of wooden cigar boxes, the kind with the sliding doors, and I glued them together and it is the centerpiece of my desk in the shed. It is where I store all my smoking accoutrements and things that I might need in a pinch without going to the main house, like a needle and thread, or a piece of scotch tape, floss, things like that.

Here is a photo:

It is about three feet tall. I have decided to stop adding to it before it topples over. It has been turned out to be very handy.

As you can see, my desk is total chaos. It is a wonder that I ever get anything done. You should see the rest of the room. It is as cluttered as my mind.

I am curious if anyone else has a dedicated place where they repose for a contemplative smoke in order to restore your peace of mind and solve the world's problems in your head.
Gents,

I love the use of the boxes and I have been thinking hard about what to do for a pipe rack. I bet I could repurpose some wine wood for a nice pipe rack.

Warmest Regards,
Richard
What is that pipe? I am not envious but I am curious. What is the stem made of?
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Richard Hanson

Citizen B wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 3:13 pm What is that pipe? I am not envious but I am curious. What is the stem made of?
Hi Citizen B,

The pipe is a Ser Jacopo and the stem is acrylic. I smoked this pipe for the first time today. I have six pipes, all churchwardens, and I have had a hard time finding a rack that I liked. I think I can build one into this box with a hinged cover. It should have space for perhaps 10 to 12 pipes. I am thinking of gluing wine corks inside to make a custom space for each pipe and then also on the inside of the lid to hold them in place when the lid is closed. Wine wood is rather low quality, but I can line the inside with something nice and I think the corks might help control moisture.

Warmest regards,
Richard
Living the lesepfeife life.
Iain

I do most of my smoking on the patio, either my own or at my mum's, there's a nice bench at my mum's house that I built years ago, if I put a cushion down on it the cat comes to sit with me. If the weathers bad you'll find me in the shed watching the rain through the doorway.
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Kevin Keith wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2023 12:12 pm Image
Didnt know you were a PA guy
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.