swell new tobacco jar

Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Ruffinogold wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 4:57 pm
That is a killer tobacco jar . The guys face is what it is because he is thinking ... probably about inflation .

I was at dollar General two days ago and a can of chicken was 4.29 .... not 2.50 like it was recently
I am sure @vwdeano doesn't want to have his tobacco jar thread derailed by inflation, but thank you for that report from our man-in-in-field.

VW, what did you pay for that jar, if you don't mind me asking?
--- "His legend precedes him the way lightning precedes thunder."
Wildcat
Codger in Training

Citizen B wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 2:23 pm I felt like Bonnie Franklin complaining about inflation in One Day at a Time.
YES! That's who you remind me of... Bonnie Franklin! If that's not a load off my mind, I don't know what is.
Citizen B wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 5:34 pm I am sure @vwdeano doesn't want to have his tobacco jar thread derailed by inflation, but thank you for that report from our man-in-in-field.
Bonnie, you more than anyone should know that derailment is the sincerest form of flattery.
I wonder if "blame Wildcat" will become a theme here? - Fr_Tom
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Ruffinogold wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 4:57 pm
Mr Beardsley wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 3:52 pm
Citizen B wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 2:23 pm

Let's go, Brandon!

Heck, I bought a can of minced clams today and exclaimed, out loud, "$4.10 for a can of chopped clams?!?!!" I felt like Bonnie Franklin complaining about inflation in One Day at a Time.

Karen said, "They're minced, Mr. King. You pay more because you like everything fancy." I find that hard to believe. They mince the clams they can't sell whole or chopped---that's why they are minced. They should be the least expensive. They are chowder clams, as we say where I come from.

I would like a jar like this one. His sour look matches my outward disposition, but, like this sour Yorkshireman tobacco jar, I keep my happiness where it counts, inside.
Kind of how diesel is more expensive than regular gasoline but it is the cast off of the refining process.
I always thought is was propane that was a cast off of sorts . I thought diesel was a totally different thing ? Im just thinking aloud

That is a killer tobacco jar . The guys face is what it is because he is thinking ... probably about inflation .

I was at dollar General two days ago and a can of chicken was 4.29 .... not 2.50 like it was recently
Lack of reception here won't let me post a picture. If you search gasoline refining chart there's a lot of visuals with information on what is produced per barrel of crude
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
vwdeano

tobacco jar was originally priced at 39 clams... I worked a discount, and home with me he came...
This post by vwdeano liked by (total 5):
Citizen BPiping AbeWildcatLostdog5152CoreyR
A dog is the only thing that loves you more than he loves himself.