Tobacco Alerts

Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Piping Abe wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 5:37 pm I like the taste better of the Sutliff version. However the cut is terrible, packs tight and won’t stay lit. For this reason, I prefer the Lane version. @Wildcat if you like Velvet, you’ll enjoy both versions.
I tend to rub it out a bit and dry it a lot and it works much better
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
rekamepip
Codger in Training

Wildcat wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 4:33 pm
Mr Beardsley wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 3:37 pm
Jlando19 wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 3:19 pm Anyone see this yet? I think this is one that disappeared before my time.

https://4noggins.com/products/lane-limi ... f4b3&_ss=r
The sutliff is better (in my opinion) anyway
I've never tried either, nor the original. I like Sutliff and Lane products. What's better about the Sutliff in your opinion? Would a Velvet man like myself like it? I never got along with Carter Hall, so if it's anything like CH I'd be a no. I wonder if it's at all like Kentucky Club Mild/Blue? That was mucho bueno!
Not like velvet
And not like Carter Hall

I’ve had both and I’d suggest the Sutliff too
Both are equally good in there own way but sutliff is tad bit cheaper and works for me
Might have to plunder the mason jars and try some to see how they are aging (I suspect it is even better now than it was years ago)
Thelonious monkfish
Codger in Training

Edgeworth was great, still is if you have any. Sutliff does a better job but falls short on the cut and lack of molasses being more cocoa forward. Lane is just not right, they get some molasses notes but that's it, they dropped the ball considering it's them who hold the right to the name/recipe and decided to make something else instead. Lane was the last to produce actual Edgeworth but Sutliff is better. Like Beardsly said, rub it out, let it dry.
Jlando19

Thelonious monkfish wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 7:41 pm Edgeworth was great, still is if you have any. Sutliff does a better job but falls short on the cut and lack of molasses being more cocoa forward. Lane is just not right, they get some molasses notes but that's it, they dropped the ball considering it's them who hold the right to the name/recipe and decided to make something else instead. Lane was the last to produce actual Edgeworth but Sutliff is better. Like Beardsly said, rub it out, let it dry.
Noted. I’ll add it to my list of to try tobacco.
"Good enough" is a false idol. Beware those that preach its virtue.
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Dan tobacco products are " more in stock " recently , though their prices went up

https://www.smokingpipes.com/pipe-tobacco/dan-tobacco/

https://www.smokingpipes.com/pipe-tobacco/dan-tobacco/
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
rekamepip
Codger in Training

@Ruffinogold
I see that “Ace of Spades” is still in stock at tobaccopipes.com
Wonderful stuff !
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

Jlando19 wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 9:08 pm
Thelonious monkfish wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 7:41 pm Edgeworth was great, still is if you have any. Sutliff does a better job but falls short on the cut and lack of molasses being more cocoa forward. Lane is just not right, they get some molasses notes but that's it, they dropped the ball considering it's them who hold the right to the name/recipe and decided to make something else instead. Lane was the last to produce actual Edgeworth but Sutliff is better. Like Beardsly said, rub it out, let it dry.
Noted. I’ll add it to my list of to try tobacco.
I really like to smoke Sutliff RR Match I never smoked Edgeworth, but I’ll tell you what Sutliff reminds me of. It’s very close to SWR. I’m no expert taster, but I smoked SWR every day for about 30 years. It’s not exactly SWR, but it’s real close.
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

rekamepip wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 6:00 pm @Ruffinogold
I see that “Ace of Spades” is still in stock at tobaccopipes.com
Wonderful stuff !
I stepped away fro that blend for a month to give some other a chance .... but now that you brought it up .... here we go :thumbs:
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Jlando19

Well if this isn’t great timing with my current obsession with VaPers.

Here’s a link to the article.

https://www.smokingpipes.com/smokingpip ... excellence
"Good enough" is a false idol. Beware those that preach its virtue.
Woodrow1953

Saw a can of SG Firedance at 4noggins. I recall the note is a bit like apricot brandy.
https://4noggins.com/products/samuel-ga ... 8137&_ss=r
Bill Wood
Melfort, Sk, Canada
Non profit web developer
Retired broadcaster

Stanwell / Brigham / Peterson