First 90 days of PSF

Fr_Tom
Chaplain

Splodger wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 12:49 pm I've only recently joined PSF, and already I've found that people are friendly and happy to help. But I'm a little embarrassed to say, that the reason I joined this forum as opposed to any other, is that the site looked good on my smartphone, my tablet and my computer. Other forums do not. A bit shallow perhaps, but if it's hard to read or navigate a site then, like many people, I'm gone.
It seems somewhat practical and not shallow to me.
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
Rusticated

So sorry to here of the marital unhappiness; it's always more difficult with/on children, but whatever path you take I hope lasting joy accompanies it. Being a noob at the time I joined, at the onset, I had no idea it was a restart forum. With all the camaraderie, generosity, and helpfulness, it just felt like a club I'd been part of for much longer; a tribute to the quality of it's members. Thanks sisyphus for your oversight in the midst of your difficulties and no worries when you skip a beat...we're there for ya.
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

Rusticated wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:46 pm So sorry to here of the marital unhappiness; it's always more difficult with/on children, but whatever path you take I hope lasting joy accompanies it. Being a noob at the time I joined, at the onset, I had no idea it was a restart forum. With all the camaraderie, generosity, and helpfulness, it just felt like a club I'd been part of for much longer; a tribute to the quality of it's members. Thanks sisyphus for your oversight in the midst of your difficulties and no worries when you skip a beat...we're there for ya.
And we're better because you're here Rust!
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Rusticated

Kevin Keith wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:00 pm
Rusticated wrote: Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:46 pm So sorry to here of the marital unhappiness; it's always more difficult with/on children, but whatever path you take I hope lasting joy accompanies it. Being a noob at the time I joined, at the onset, I had no idea it was a restart forum. With all the camaraderie, generosity, and helpfulness, it just felt like a club I'd been part of for much longer; a tribute to the quality of it's members. Thanks sisyphus for your oversight in the midst of your difficulties and no worries when you skip a beat...we're there for ya.
And we're better because you're here Rust!
Thanks Kevin!
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

Well gents, we got a nice little forum going here, don't we? :awesome:

Here's a redhead just for [mention]Ruffinogold[/mention] !

FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Billy Joe

Just saw this thread (Duh), and I hope things are looking up for you Sis.

Glad I am signed up here, it is always good for a laugh and some great information. I came over because so many of my favorite people from the old PSF are here. Y'all got a good thing going. Thanks to all the mods!
Saddle bit sore

Like the posters before me I want to add my thanks to Sis and the other founder members of PSF here and wish you Sis all the very best hope that you come through your tribulations, life has a habit of getting in the way of things sometimes and we have to take time out I guess.
It's good to have found you all again after being in the wilderness for a few years. I have no idea what happened but hell, here you are, some fine old names are popping up and I feel like I've bumped into old friends again.
I missed out on the final months of the old PSF , things went a bit wobbly for me too, lost my sister my ma and my partner within a few months, then the health went and of course then the job. Needless to say I stopped smoking my pipes for quite a while and concentrated on getting back on track. The good side though is that I returned to my cabinet a week or so ago and started looking over the pipes, all dusty but still alive. The mason jars some full some less full with names Id almost forgotten, still there waiting, plenty of nice crystals on some and one jar stuffed with plugs I don't even remember buying.
Life can be strange sometimes, bewildering and challenging, but we hang in there as best we can and hope for the best. Which is why I'm so happy to have found you guys again, a kind of home from home, a place where I can chill out and talk about a shared comfort. A place where I can sit and trawl through photos of incredible pipes with a mixture of delight and light hearted envy while dusting off an old pipe and filling her with freshly chopped Balkan Plug.
So thanks guys one and all for keeping the old place going, nice to be back.
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Kevin Keith wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:05 pm Well gents, we got a nice little forum going here, don't we? :awesome:

Here's a redhead just for @Ruffinogold !

Yummy :)
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
racinghoss

I lurked on the old board, and have picked up some of the history of that place and this one. Thanks you for putting us back on the cyber map. I was in a similar boat to yours about 18 months ago. 23 years. Good riddance. Happiness is out there, if you haven't already found it and grabbed hold!

This is a great community and head/shoulders better than any other.
oldbill
Member in Good Standing

A philosopher once said that marriage was the leading cause of divorce and that is more true for some of us than others. It's a shame that some of us have to see our lives be altered so drastically and to feel that kind of pain, I'm truly sorry for anyone who goes through it, especially if there's kids involved.
Now at the age of 51, going on 52 I've gotten a whole new outlook on the past and I know that things have worked out pretty well all things considered. I've pretty much just decided that the secret to life is to be happy in spite of what life brings me and I suppose there's really only one thing that I can control,... myself and my own thoughts.
As for this forum it's a great place to come to every day, I enjoy the discussions and it's therapeutic. I think I'll stick around a while. ;)

You know? Tom T Hall had a good answer to the secret of life...
... and you can put that in your pipe and smoke it!!!