Humidor

Thelonious monkfish
Codger in Training

Jlando19 wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 8:49 pm I want to get a fancy humidor just so I can fill it up and look at it. I’m slightly materialistic in that sense. Lol.

Right now I have one of those pelican box style humidors and it holds about 50 cigars depending on size. It serves me well.
You will fill up all available room. If you don't want hundreds of sticks get a smaller box.
Jlando19

Thelonious monkfish wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 8:56 pm
Jlando19 wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 8:49 pm I want to get a fancy humidor just so I can fill it up and look at it. I’m slightly materialistic in that sense. Lol.

Right now I have one of those pelican box style humidors and it holds about 50 cigars depending on size. It serves me well.
You will fill up all available room. If you don't want hundreds of sticks get a smaller box.
Noted. That’s why I bought a smaller gun safe also. Hahaha
"Good enough" is a false idol. Beware those that preach its virtue.
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

Jlando19 wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 9:22 pm
Thelonious monkfish wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 8:56 pm

Noted. That’s why I bought a smaller gun safe also. Hahaha
Nearly 2400 years ago Aristotle said that nature abhors a vacuum. I think he was on to something.
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Thelonious monkfish
Codger in Training

Kevin Keith wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 9:29 pm Nearly 2400 years ago Aristotle said that nature abhors a vacuum. I think he was on to something.
He is quoted to this day still...
Dr Watson

It depends on the quantity of cigars you have. Like Ruff said, some humidors are not that expensive. Once seasoned properly, they do a great job at keeping our sticks at a good % of humidity. I'm not sure cigars will do well if they're constantly exposed to significant changes in humidity %?
I have one. I bought it 10 years ago and it's good for another 30, at least. I'd say that's a good return on investment.
'Tobacco is my favorite vegetable.'. Frank Zappa.