rekamepip
Codger in Training

Meanwhile in Florida :lol:
Ronv69
Founding Member

Jlando19 wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 10:50 pm
Ronv69 wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 10:47 am
Jlando19 wrote: Wed Aug 24, 2022 11:19 pm

I really want to get into hunting. I live in Texas it can’t be that hard to figure out. Haha. My dad didn’t get into it until about three years ago. One of his brother in law’s convinced him to go and now he’s hooked.
Texas is an expensive place to hunt. In other states people hunt on public land. We don't have much in Texas and it gets crowded and the other hunters can be "not nice". I used to hunt on my friends lease that he paid $3500 per year for. I just love sitting in a tree with a rifle. I don't care if I shoot anything. In Wimberley you can walk up to them and cut their throat, no rifle needed.
You ain’t ever lying. I looked up deer leases lasting just for fun . Even if I could afford it, it would be hard to justify. It’s cheap to hunt with a bow on public land but that’s a skill I don’t currently possess. They are like dogs out here in Wimberley. I threw a rock at one the other day and it came closer like I was going to feed it. Lol.
Before the flood they were everywhere. We had to push them out of the way to get to the river. They needed to be culled but there were too many elites in Wimberley to allow it. My brother and his wife were just 2 of them. The house we stayed in came with a 32 Win Spl Model 94. I sat on the back porch cleaning it looking over 3 dozen unconcerned deer.
God and Texas!
Ronv69
Founding Member

My friend just called and asked me to come hunt with him on his land this year. I probably won't, but maybe next year. He's got 150 acres between Bastrop and Smithville.
God and Texas!