Sutliff Moroccan Spice

kschatey

Wildcat wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 9:27 pm An over due review.

My sample was vacuum sealed. It was almost like a slice. Very 😎! Two bowls worth.

Both smoked in brylon.

Tin note is chocolate and cinnamon. The second bowl the tobacco was dryer and the chocolate and cinnamon was very prominent. Really nice.

The smoke. As was stated earlier, there is no tumeric or curry or coriander here. The chocolate didn't translate either. That said, I enjoyed it, for the same reason I like Middleton Cherry Blend. Baking spices. This is actually more pronounced in this area, but minus the burley oc the MCB. I got cinnamon and nutmeg, which do fit the the tobacco's name here. There is a general sweetness, again not chocolate but not overly vanilla either. It's not an oatmeal cookie thing, more like putting tumeric and cinnamon and nutmeg on savory foods, which is great by the way! Add some black pepper... Chef's kiss! Which brings me to the black pepper, which shows up in the retro hale. Nice.

It's a gooper for sure, with plenty of dottle, but it was easy to light and stayed lit for me during both smokes. Disclaimer, I use the signal fire lighting technique :lol:

Conclusion, I'm glad I got to try it. Thank you @kschatey , I appreciate your generosity! I won't buy it, but I'm glad I tried it and I wouldn't say no if someone offered me a bowl. I think aro fans will dig it.

As a side note, I really had to pay attention to figure this out, which was a good exercise for me. Not something I'm used to doing.
Glad I could share the love! Your tasting notes align with mine and I definitely concur with you on the comparison to the [MATCH] Middleton Cherry Blend (that's the version I have had) in that it's lightly spicy and enjoyable, warming, and not overpowering in spice, sweetness, overall flavor. Yes, it's not a bad blend, but I won't be reaching for it often and have no plans to ever purchase it again... or will I? Only the Phantom knows... HINT, HINT ;)
Silver
Certified Codger

I've heard it tastes like pumpkin spice! ;)
kschatey

Silver wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 2:36 pm I've heard it tastes like pumpkin spice! ;)
Maybe... But don't believe every rumor!
Wildcat
Codger in Training

Silver wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 2:36 pm I've heard it tastes like pumpkin spice! ;)
Pumpkin spice tastes like chicken.
I wonder if "blame Wildcat" will become a theme here? - Fr_Tom
kschatey

Cross-posting this from another thread for those that may be interested...
MikeDennison wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 4:19 pm
kschatey wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 3:16 pm
Mr Beardsley wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 12:37 pm

The infusion is a Ernie method as well. The dude has given a lot of very valuable information
Okay party people... Let it be known that I am a man of action. Inspired by @Mr Beardsley, I have concocted a Moroccan-themed secret blend of spices. The filled spice pillow has been added into a jar with some Sutliff Moroccan Spice tobacco in an attempt to enhance the overall flavor of the blend. I guess now all we can do is wait for the magic to happen. We'll check back on this experiment on October 1st!

oooooOOOOOOoooooo! :o
Okay, follow-up time one month later... Just packed some of the Moroccan spice infused Sutliff Moroccan Spice tobacco blend into the same pipe that I used before and am smoking it now. I can happily say that now we're getting somewhere with this. I actually tastes like... wait for it... Moroccan spices! Lots going on in the flavor with much more complexity and various spice flavors. The cardamom is popping the most followed by the coriander and I'm loving it,. I quite pleased with this so far and am going to let the remaining rest with the spice pillow for a bit longer.