Choosing tobacco

Aaronimo

Thanks all

I can definitely get some Luxury Bullseye Flake as well.

I was thinking of picking up Elizabethan, Deluxe Navy Rolls (which I think it what Escudo is called in the UK) and St James Flake

Most likely I’ll post a picture of me smoking Elizabethan in the next week or so
Piping Abe
Certified Codger

Aaronimo wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 3:33 pm Thanks all

I was thinking of picking up Elizabethan, Deluxe Navy Rolls (which I think it what Escudo is called in the UK) and St James Flake

Most likely I’ll post a picture of me smoking Elizabethan in the next week or so
If you can get it try some Elizabethen Match from Sutliff as well. I never tried the original but it’s suppose to be a Match of the Murrays version. Not the current production. And man that stuff is good!
Aaronimo

Piping Abe wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 3:52 pm

If you can get it try some Elizabethen Match from Sutliff as well. I never tried the original but it’s suppose to be a Match of the Murrays version. Not the current production. And man that stuff is good!
I’ve checked and I can get it!

I’m able to get orders from 4noggins via snail mail to the UK

I’ll get a few of their bulk tobaccos in the next month or so and will include the Sutliff match for sure!
Piping Abe
Certified Codger

Aaronimo wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 4:08 pm

I’ll get a few of their bulk tobaccos in the next month or so and will include the Sutliff match for sure!
4noggins has the best deal on the Falcon Pipe starter kits. They are the most smoked pipe in the UK. Me and many others are huge fans. We even have a month dedicated to Falcons here at PSF. One pipe is all you need and you just swap the bowls. They are on the smaller side but they do make larger bowls as well.

You really can’t get a drier smoke! And cleaning thoroughly is a non issue.
Puff nstuff

Davidoff Flake Medallions is another nice VaPer you should be able to find over there. And per @Ruffinogold, if you ever come across Germain's Royal Jersey perique mixture, don't hesitate!
Because sometimes the body just wants canned fish. 🦪
Aaronimo

Piping Abe wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 4:14 pm

4noggins has the best deal on the Falcon Pipe starter kits. They are the most smoked pipe in the UK. Me and many others are huge fans. We even have a month dedicated to Falcons here at PSF. One pipe is all you need and you just swap the bowls. They are on the smaller side but they do make larger bowls as well.

Do you read minds @Piping Abe ?

I’ve been desperate to get a Falcon recently, pay day is tomorrow and GQ tobaccos in the UK do a complete Falcon for about £31 - which is a decent deal.

I’ve also contemplated putting the 9 bowl collection on my Christmas list - it costs £119 from GQ - which struck me as great value for 9 Falcon bowls.

I did have a falcon some years ago but I can’t find it!

Probably flown off.

Final note on falcons - Sir Roger Moore was once pictured smoking one and he was my favourite Bond.

Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Aaronimo wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 2:48 am
Piping Abe wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 4:14 pm

Do you read minds @Piping Abe ?

I’ve been desperate to get a Falcon recently, pay day is tomorrow and GQ tobaccos in the UK do a complete Falcon for about £31 - which is a decent deal.

I’ve also contemplated putting the 9 bowl collection on my Christmas list - it costs £119 from GQ - which struck me as great value for 9 Falcon bowls.

I did have a falcon some years ago but I can’t find it!

Probably flown off.

Final note on falcons - Sir Roger Moore was once pictured smoking one and he was my favourite Bond.

If I remember correctly, GQ is about the best deal out there for falcons along with the guy on eBay that sells the brand new ones
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
Aaronimo

I think it may be getting sorted out in time for my birthday at the end of this month.

I dropped a few hints (and links) in the direction of my wife and she *may* be gifting me a Falcon with a tin of Elizabethan.
Chef Benny
Codger in Training

It's getting a little out of hand.. :lol:
~ Tobacco is part of a complete breakfast.
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Chef Benny wrote: Sat Mar 11, 2023 1:19 pm Image

It's getting a little out of hand.. :lol:
Oh hell you haven't even brushed the doorway to out of hand yet Benjamin
ImageImage
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin