Pipe back from Norwoods

Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Hawkwood wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 8:10 am I've had a couple of pipes restemmed by Norwoods, including a Pete System. Excellent work and quick turn around. :thumbs:
System pipe or P-lip?
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Ruffinogold wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 4:15 pm
Chef Benny wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 9:39 pm
Ruffinogold wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 6:41 pm Oh .. which one of you bastids put this pipe in the pass ?
Your Welcome.. 😉

She looks great ..and now I'm jealous..lol
You'll get yours :D
Forgive me. I cannot help myself. This clip has no bearing on the current conversation but I know Ruff will watch this to the end.

-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Piping Abe wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 2:38 pm That looks sweet. Is it briar or hardwood?
Its an Edwards pipe made in Tampa , Fl . Algerian briar . They are super under rated pipes , imho

If you ever see one of their long canadians where the stem is carved like Bamboo ... snag it . The guys that own the Edwards in Tampa [ on Howard Ave ] , own FGT , which is a smoke shop wholesaler . Theyve been making pipes there since , I think the early 70's . They supply all the Edwards pipe shops , which I dont know how many there are anymore , and any other shops with pipes , tobacco blends that they make in house and all the stuff that smoke shops carry [ humidors , lighters etc ... ] . I bought some stuff for my shop from them but not too much cause they were my competition
Smitty , as he was called or Frank .. was the guy that got it all going in the early 60's I think . His son Gordon worked with him and later took it over Im sure . Smitty really liked smoking a canadian pipe .
They made Benton pipes also

Come of think of it , the Edwards shop in Lakeland , Fl is where I learned whatever it is I know , and forgotten alot of , about tobacco . Im trying to remember the owners name , which I think was Dave /// damn I hate when things get so far back that I cant remember details
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Citizen B wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 4:36 pm
Chef Benny wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 9:39 pm

Your Welcome.. 😉

She looks great ..and now I'm jealous..lol
Forgive me. I cannot help myself. This clip has no bearing on the current conversation but I know Ruff will watch this to the end.

OK , where those two still " connected " at the end when they were spinning around . If so , I reckon thats pretty impressive
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Ruffinogold wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 4:47 pm

OK , where those two still " connected " at the end when they were spinning around . If so , I reckon thats pretty impressive
I knew you would be all over this like white on rice. I do not want to derail this thread but, I have to ask--- What? This has never happened to you?
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Citizen B wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 4:51 pm
Ruffinogold wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 4:47 pm

I knew you would be all over this like white on rice. I do not want to derail this thread but, I have to ask--- What? This has never happened to you?
:lol: :lol:

I cant comment
Hawkwood

Citizen B wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 4:32 pm
Hawkwood wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 8:10 am I've had a couple of pipes restemmed by Norwoods, including a Pete System. Excellent work and quick turn around. :thumbs:
System pipe or P-lip?
'Tis a system pipe. Not being a fan of the P-Lip I had them make a fishtail, acrylic to boot.