Peterson Shape Chart

Piping Abe
Certified Codger

Figured i’d drop this here as a resource for anyone who is thinking about getting a Peterson pipe. My history with Peterson pipes wasn’t the best until this year. Although my first two Petersons were both 106’s and I do not like straight Billiards. They both got sold.

This year I picked up, my favorite shape a Bulldog, 80s. And I do love it. The 999 is the same shape, just round shank instead of a diamond.

I also recently picked up my first Peterson System pipe in the 317 shape. I made a commitment to try it out and it definately works for me. Do I favor it better than a fishtail? No, but it is nice for days with a lot of back to back smokes and there is a learning curve to using a P-Lip. I could not seeing it being too comfortable on a straight pipe.

I plan to pick up a shape 150 at some point.

What is your favorite Peterson shapes and your opinion on Petersons?

PiperT

Like the look of the Billiard the most, also like the look of the Bulldog, I have a Peterson on the way and some other pipes too, will make a thread on that when they arrive.
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

I like their shapes and finishes . I had a system pipe for years but lostt it . I've since gotten a savinelli dry system . They're both good. I got an ebony calabash shaped system and I freaking love everything about it
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

What is the shape of the pipe that Anthony Quinn is smoking in this scene. It looks like a Pete.

-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
kschatey

No Petes here. Maybe someday I will seek out a 406 though...
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

I just got a Sherlock Holmes " Baker Street " for christmas .. smoked it for the first time yesterday and its pretty damn astonishing on top of being beautiful . If it were a chic , itd be a 10
Big Iron
Member in Good Standing

Ive had my eyes on the 305 or 306 system . Hope to have one on the rack within the near future. Shooting for the peterson shape lee van cleef had in the good the bad and the ugly. Although they dont make that dutch billiard shape anymore those are a close compromise and good lookin pipes

"Keep your nose in the wind, your eye along the skyline"
Del Gue
pipedrum22
Member in Good Standing

Big Iron wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 9:59 am Ive had my eyes on the 305 or 306 system . Hope to have one on the rack within the near future. Shooting for the peterson shape lee van cleef had in the good the bad and the ugly. Although they dont make that dutch billiard shape anymore those are a close compromise and good lookin pipes

Yeah I own a 305 and it’s pretty dang close to this shape. It’s also super comfortable to clench and a fantastic smoker.
“The sea was angry that day my friends!”
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

I think my Emerald Rustic is a 305 . I busted the stem , glued it , busted it etc ... finally gave up . It was in the top 10 best smoking pipes of alll time for me . I should send it out to Norwoods
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

kschatey wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 9:37 am No Petes here. Maybe someday I will seek out a 406 though...
Stay away from P-lips. It's a scam.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.