Hello from Alabama!

MikeDennison
Certified Codger

Glad to have ya back!
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-
Middle Earth

Greetings and Salutations from the Springfield Plateau Missouri
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

pipedrum22 wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 8:12 pm Greetings all! I was part of the PSF many many years ago and had to recreate my account. I’ve been a pipe smoker for 13 years or so and I basically enjoy nearly every type of pipe tobacco…what I smoke depends on mood. Anyways, looking forward to getting started back up here again and seeing some familiar faces and meeting some new ones!
I was in Birmingham in August and I kind of liked it. I have been to Mobile, where I do not like it because, when people from Mobile learn that I live in New Orleans, the conversation inevitably turns to how Mobile invented Mardi Gras. I also have friends in Tuscaloosa.

It is nice to see you, wherever you live in that sweet home of a state you live in.

There is good barbecue in Alabama.

-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
pipedrum22
Member in Good Standing

Citizen B wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 2:25 pm
pipedrum22 wrote: Sun Nov 27, 2022 8:12 pm Greetings all! I was part of the PSF many many years ago and had to recreate my account. I’ve been a pipe smoker for 13 years or so and I basically enjoy nearly every type of pipe tobacco…what I smoke depends on mood. Anyways, looking forward to getting started back up here again and seeing some familiar faces and meeting some new ones!
I was in Birmingham in August and I kind of liked it. I have been to Mobile, where I do not like it because, when people from Mobile learn that I live in New Orleans, the conversation inevitably turns to how Mobile invented Mardi Gras. I also have friends in Tuscaloosa.

It is nice to see you, wherever you live in that sweet home of a state you live in.

There is good barbecue in Alabama.

I live right outside Birmingham! Let me know next time you decide to make a visit. I’ll be able to give you all kinds of food and activities recommendations!
“The sea was angry that day my friends!”
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Welcome!
The Troll Whisperer
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

Glad you are here!
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
ncrobb
Founding Member

I get to Birmingham from time to time. My favorite brick and mortar, The Briary, is there. Hello and welcome from NC.
“I’d like to ride the rodeo, but I got Brahma Fear.” - Jimmy Buffett
pipedrum22
Member in Good Standing

ncrobb wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 8:47 pm I get to Birmingham from time to time. My favorite brick and mortar, The Briary, is there. Hello and welcome from NC.
It’s a good spot. They’re having trouble staying open due to not having enough help. I hope they find the help they need to thrive for years to come.
ncrobb
Founding Member

pipedrum22 wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 9:48 pm
ncrobb wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 8:47 pm I get to Birmingham from time to time. My favorite brick and mortar, The Briary, is there. Hello and welcome from NC.
It’s a good spot. They’re having trouble staying open due to not having enough help. I hope they find the help they need to thrive for years to come.
Yes, I saw that. Seems like since Aubrey left he has had trouble. Is Joe still there? I told Skip I would do part time but it’s a bit of a drive for me. Lol.
“I’d like to ride the rodeo, but I got Brahma Fear.” - Jimmy Buffett
pipedrum22
Member in Good Standing

ncrobb wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 6:48 am
pipedrum22 wrote: Tue Nov 29, 2022 9:48 pm
Yes, I saw that. Seems like since Aubrey left he has had trouble. Is Joe still there? I told Skip I would do part time but it’s a bit of a drive for me. Lol.
I'm not sure. I get the feeling Skip is torn between keeping it open and retiring. If he sells it he will want to make sure it's in great hands, so I understand that's not an easy task.