My wax mistake

Ruffinogold
The Mayor

All the mentions will work . Of course , if you had a buffer you could buff it off . Absolute worse worst case .. you just smoke it and after a while it wont be there any more
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Ronv69
Founding Member

Mr Beardsley wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 3:54 pm
Ronv69 wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 9:09 am
cjdincus wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 11:53 am Hello all! I don't know what came over me but I decided, last night, to rub paragon wax on a sandblasted pipe. It looked great at first but then I noticed all the little white deposits in the crevices and nooks of the sandblasted finish.

Does anyone have any tips for removing the wax? I have been using a corse brush on it which has removed some of the wax but I feel like this will take a life time to remove. The pipe is virgin briar so there is no stain or finish to worry about really.

Any help is welcome! And thank you in advance :D
I did the same thing on the top plateau of a couple of freehands. I haven't had any luck removing it.
Did you try to scrub it out with a brush? Or heat?
I tried both. And it was Halcyon, not Paragon.
God and Texas!
cjdincus

I was able to get most of it with a toothbrush and hair dryer. Seems to do the trick! Still a couple spots that I'm working on but my I get easily sidetracked lol
Ronv69
Founding Member

cjdincus wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 9:05 pm I was able to get most of it with a toothbrush and hair dryer. Seems to do the trick! Still a couple spots that I'm working on but my I get easily sidetracked lol
I probably spent an hour on it when it first happened, but it doesn't bother me much anymore. Still smokes fine. I probably won't bother with it until I sell it.
God and Texas!
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Ronv69 wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 1:32 pm
cjdincus wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 9:05 pm I was able to get most of it with a toothbrush and hair dryer. Seems to do the trick! Still a couple spots that I'm working on but my I get easily sidetracked lol
I probably spent an hour on it when it first happened, but it doesn't bother me much anymore. Still smokes fine. I probably won't bother with it until I sell it.
Just sand the plateau off and call it a day
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
Ronv69
Founding Member

Mr Beardsley wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 1:50 pm
That's not something I would do, though at this stage I'm not allowed that enamored with plateau.
God and Texas!
Silver
Certified Codger

:shock:
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Silver wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 2:43 pm

I guess we need the sarcasm font here. To be honest, I do dislike plateau more often than not though
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
Ronv69
Founding Member

Mr Beardsley wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 2:54 pm
Silver wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 2:43 pm

I guess we need the sarcasm font here. To be honest, I do dislike plateau more often than not though
I knew it was sarcasm.
God and Texas!