What’s Your Christmas Smoking tradition?

Silver
Certified Codger

Both your snowman avatars are great. I gotta wonder why John's is smiling, given what's going on with the hat!
Piping Abe
Certified Codger

Silver wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 8:26 pm Both your snowman avatars are great. I gotta wonder why John's is smiling, given what's going on with the hat!
Thanks! I got it from this artist. His artwork is used a lot on Smokingpipes blog posts. Great artwork of pipesmokers

https://www.behance.net/user/?username=arturillustrator
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Piping Abe wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 8:21 pm
Ruffinogold wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 7:19 pm Im pretty sure Jennifer snagged me a YB checker Canadian .. I think . The only blend I put on my wish list thing was Elizabethan .. so Im hoping to get some
Ruff, your avatar is killer!
Just takes a low flashpoint solvent and a cardboard cone hat :lol:
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Wildcat
Codger in Training

My Christmas smoking tradition is Mrs Cat allowing me to smoke in the house these 2 holiday weeks. Actually she'd always let me if I wanted too, but she keeps a meticulous home and I respect that and her, so I don't until the holiday season. I always smoke something aromatic. Usually Sutliff Rum and Maple or Vanilla Custard, but this year it's been WCC NoYB, which she has gone gaga over! I'm glad as I love it too. @MikeDennison mentioned he was going to reindeer some JOSN my way and I planned on giving that a puff, but it hasn't landed at Casa Cat yet. Stoopid post office reindeer!
My pipe of choice is usually my dad's Grabow on Christmas and New Year's Day and something from the usually rotation the other days.

Our granddaughter is 2 and a half this year. Talking and asking questions and singing! Jingle Bells is her favorite! I can't wait!!

I wonder if "blame Wildcat" will become a theme here? - Fr_Tom
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

Wildcat wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 1:03 pm My Christmas smoking tradition is Mrs Cat allowing me to smoke in the house these 2 holiday weeks. Actually she'd always let me if I wanted too, but she keeps a meticulous home and I respect that and her, so I don't until the holiday season. I always smoke something aromatic. Usually Sutliff Rum and Maple or Vanilla Custard, but this year it's been WCC NoYB, which she has gone gaga over! I'm glad as I love it too. @MikeDennison mentioned he was going to reindeer some JOSN my way and I planned on giving that a puff, but it hasn't landed at Casa Cat yet. Stoopid post office reindeer!
My pipe of choice is usually my dad's Grabow on Christmas and New Year's Day and something from the usually rotation the other days.

Our granddaughter is 2 and a half this year. Talking and asking questions and singing! Jingle Bells is her favorite! I can't wait!!

Bro, I've got a confession to make; it hasn't even gone near the post office since the fam arrived for Christmas. So sorry! You'll receive it, just not in time for Christmas.
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-
Wildcat
Codger in Training

MikeDennison wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 3:59 pm
Wildcat wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 1:03 pm My Christmas smoking tradition is Mrs Cat allowing me to smoke in the house these 2 holiday weeks. Actually she'd always let me if I wanted too, but she keeps a meticulous home and I respect that and her, so I don't until the holiday season. I always smoke something aromatic. Usually Sutliff Rum and Maple or Vanilla Custard, but this year it's been WCC NoYB, which she has gone gaga over! I'm glad as I love it too. @MikeDennison mentioned he was going to reindeer some JOSN my way and I planned on giving that a puff, but it hasn't landed at Casa Cat yet. Stoopid post office reindeer!

Bro, I've got a confession to make; it hasn't even gone near the post office since the fam arrived for Christmas. So sorry! You'll receive it, just not in time for Christmas.
Do not apologize my friend! All good all good!! I thought it was lost or delayed with all the holiday mail! Merriest of Christmases to you and your family!
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

Wildcat wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 4:04 pm

Do not apologize my friend! All good all good!! I thought it was lost or delayed with all the holiday mail! Merriest of Christmases to you and your family!
Same to you, sir! And, your granddaughter is a cutie! :D
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-
Wildcat
Codger in Training

MikeDennison wrote: Thu Dec 22, 2022 4:05 pm
Same to you, sir! And, you're granddaughter is a cutie! :D
Thanks buddy!
Wildcat
Codger in Training

So we had the kids over yesterday from around 1 in the afternoon until 10 PM or so. When everyone packed up to leave, our cutie pie said she wanted to sleep with GG and Pa. We all tried to talk her out if it, but she wouldn't budge. Her mom, our daughter, said she could stay and see what Santa brought in the morning. She got into bed between Mrs Cat and I and off to sleep we went. During the night she curled up in my arm and slept through to morning. Best Christmas present ever.
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

Wildcat wrote: Sun Dec 25, 2022 12:52 pm
So we had the kids over yesterday from around 1 in the afternoon until 10 PM or so. When everyone packed up to leave, our cutie pie said she wanted to sleep with GG and Pa. We all tried to talk her out if it, but she wouldn't budge. Her mom, our daughter, said she could stay and see what Santa brought in the morning. She got into bed between Mrs Cat and I and off to sleep we went. During the night she curled up in my arm and slept through to morning. Best Christmas present ever.
Aw bro...that's just awesome! Yer right...best Christmas present ever. :thumbs: