We'd Like Your Reviews

Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Puff nstuff wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 12:14 pm
Mr Beardsley wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 9:36 pm
Silver wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 9:24 pm

And then disappeared after a handful of posts.
A smaller forum with a handful of fans ain't their target demographic
I would respectfully disagree. Remember, they came here soliciting reviews of their products by our members. Why? I believe it's because although our active membership on the forum is small, PSF punches well above its weight. The knowledge, enthusiasm, and experience that is demonstrated among a relatively concentrated number of members here cannot be overstated. And in that respect, some PSF members are influencers - so GH want to hear from us about their tobaccos.
As far as Rachel sticking around to engage in more banter, I don't blame her for not doing so; she had a purpose, and she fulfilled it. She probably monitors the site and the posts she is involved in, but honestly if I were in her position, I wouldn't want to endure more sniping about supply issues, which is what inevitably happens on the forums (I've seen it plenty elsewhere).
Think about it: they make a super-high quality product using methods and technology that are centuries old. They can only make so much of it that way, but it's their choice, and it's probably why their product is so unique. And now in the internet age with all the connectivity we have as a result, everyone, from the actual everyday users of their products in the UK and EU and USA, to the hoarders and the speculators and the developing markets (China, etc) - EVERYONE wants their product. There's only so much she can say to the complaints about customers not being able to find their product, or the vacuum seal of the tins, or whatever; I'm sure it gets tiresome, and sometimes it's probably better to duck out than get pulled into the same rabbit holes. Me, I'm willing to look past those issues and work a little harder to obtain and store their products.
GH and Laudisi can point fingers at each other all day long, but the real problem is the limited availability of the product, and unless GH can up production, it will remain a problem. They're a victim of their own success.
And so they don't really NEED us as customers - but I'd wager they WANT us nevertheless. Just my three cents.
:thumbs:
But they've said many times before that in this modern era they have upped their production to levels much higher than before. In a recent statement (elsewhere) it was said that they were currently finishing up the packing of a current order for the states and had zero issues filling it. Like they were able to walk to the warehouse and start packing. So I'm going to stand by my statement that the supply issue isn't in the lap of the folks at GH. Nobody denies that they make a quality product and there's no better marketing tool for a distributor than an unlimited supply of limited supply
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
Puff nstuff

I see your point, @Mr Beardsley. I'm not in the tobacco business, obviously, so I realize there's a lot of conjecture here on my part. I just don't see how they can actually keep up with the demand without sacrificing quality or perhaps their own level of comfort. Same for Germain's and some of the others out of Germany - F&T in particular. But I defer to your knowledge and experience about supply, and I appreciate your insights.
Me, I still believe that we (PSF) matter to them regardless of our size.
Because sometimes the body just wants canned fish. 🦪
Kevin Keith
Grand Poobah

I was gonna say that to be asking us knotheads about fine and fancy tobacco, Rachel was obviously drunk posting. 😆 🇬🇧
FJB
Vote Trump 2024!
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Puff nstuff wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 1:46 pm I see your point, @Mr Beardsley. I'm not in the tobacco business, obviously, so I realize there's a lot of conjecture here on my part. I just don't see how they can actually keep up with the demand without sacrificing quality or perhaps their own level of comfort. Same for Germain's and some of the others out of Germany - F&T in particular. But I defer to your knowledge and experience about supply, and I appreciate your insights.
Me, I still believe that we (PSF) matter to them regardless of our size.
I definitely think that we matter. They can relate to a group our size. Germains seems to be taking most of their stock and sending it to Asia if what I'm reading is correct.

I used to be part of the vaping "industry" (I put that in quotes because it was kind of a joke. Young kids who gave 2 shits about quality or safety and were only concerned with how to turn product) I point out that I was part of it because the unlimited supply of limited supply was a common occurrence with them, especially early on. There'd be a release and the flippers would snatch up product and it was just a constant rinse and repeat until the next big thing came around. It's not a practice that's uncommon in any industry *cough* Ford bronco *cough* the difference here is that the folks at GH have come out and publicly stated that they are not struggling with production, low key pointing the finger elsewhere
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Kevin Keith wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 1:54 pm I was gonna say that to be asking us knotheads about fine and fancy tobacco, Rachel was obviously drunk posting. 😆 🇬🇧
We're refined knotheads, sir
saltedplug

I've been smoking Dark Flake only for two months. I'd like to review it but don't see it in the list of choices, though both "Dark" and "Dark-A" are present. Should I just use one of these?
Piping Abe
Certified Codger

saltedplug wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 3:05 pm I've been smoking Dark Flake only for two months. I'd like to review it but don't see it in the list of choices, though both "Dark" and "Dark-A" are present. Should I just use one of these?
Those must be it. And Dark-A is Aromatic
saltedplug

Abe, I will follow your recommend. thank you!
PoolShooter

Bob’s Chocolate Flake, Glengarry Flake and Full Virginia Flake were some favorites of mine.

After reading through this thread, I now understand tobacco shortages and high prices. I used to get a phone call every six months when a shop in Southern California stocked up on Esoterica tobacco’s and I would buy 8oz. Now I’m going to stick to leaving others the opportunity to enjoy stuff instead of hoarding. Maybe one tin, or if it’s bulk, one or two ounces.
“My beard is getting veddey long. I muss tell Vladimir.”
saltedplug

Abe, I'm worried about you. Hoarding is within the top three practices of any serious pipe smoker. How can you? One word best describes the size of any serious cellar: infinite. But since the infinite is not within our reach, the best we can do is to NEVER stop laying it in. Even it you're at 1000 lbs.

Now I've been having the time of my life with only 500g each of Dark Flake and DF Aro, and a few other tins of Escudo and 8 ozs. of 2014 Cumberland. But the DF has comprised 98% of my smoking. I've been emptying jars! I could call my meager cellar just fine, but that would just show how confused I am, having only recently returned to the fold.

I'm thinking to return to sanity will occur sometime in the next 1000g, having inhaled a good bit more pipesmoke. My ill-considered opinion is that technique alters the brain, but its really the pipesmoke that does the trick in converting a smoker such as I content with a few pounds in the cellar into a lunatic spending the rent money on that next acquisition of a dozen pounds.

It's the only way to live. If you're not there, don't worry. Just keep breathing while you smoke:)).