Coffee

MikeDennison
Certified Codger

PoolShooter wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 8:22 am
Kevin Keith wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:42 am One heaping scoop of each in a Mr. Coffee

ImageImage
Cheap coffee is where it’s at. highly underrated.
Well, if you mean that price point doesn't determine good flavor, I'll agree. Trouble is that a lot of cheap coffee is cheap for a reason; it's the lowest quality fit for market use and tastes like roasted packing material. But, at the end of the day, one's taste is all in one's mouth. If the person brewing it enjoys it, that's the only thing that matters.
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-
Wildcat
Codger in Training

MikeDennison wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 5:52 pm
Kevin Keith wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:42 am One heaping scoop of each in a Mr. Coffee

ImageImage
Well, if you mean that price point doesn't determine good flavor, I'll agree. Trouble is that a lot of cheap coffee is cheap for a reason; it's the lowest quality fit for market use and tastes like roasted packing material. But, at the end of the day, one's taste is all in one's mouth. If the person brewing it enjoys it, that's the only thing that matters.
KK and I both thought/think Wally World Breakfast Blend was a real good cup. And yes, as you say, beauty is in the eye, or mouth, of the beholder.
I wonder if "blame Wildcat" will become a theme here? - Fr_Tom
Wildcat
Codger in Training

@Tsal In your opinion, what is the best decaffeinated instant? I'd like some for the evenings.
The rest of the gang please chime in as well.

Oh, by the way, my bougie Ace Hardware percolator is a teapot now. The cheap plastic they made the business end of things with melted.
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

Wildcat wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 7:26 pm
KK and I both thought/think Wally World Breakfast Blend was a real good cup. And yes, as you say, beauty is in the eye, or mouth, of the beholder.
I enjoy Bustelo, but will have to try it with WW Breakfast Blend.
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Wildcat wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 7:29 pm @Tsal In your opinion, what is the best decaffeinated instant? I'd like some for the evenings.
The rest of the gang please chime in as well.

Oh, by the way, my bougie Ace Hardware percolator is a teapot now. The cheap plastic they made the business end of things with melted.
I never drank decaffeinated coffee so I can't say. Sanka was always on our table growing up for the family parties. I know Folgers makes decaf single serve packets. Maybe start there before you go whole hog.
The Troll Whisperer
Wildcat
Codger in Training

MikeDennison wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 7:31 pm
Wildcat wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 7:26 pm
I enjoy Bustelo, but will have to try it with WW Breakfast Blend.
Bustelo instant is my favorite instant. I've finally figured out Bustelo ground for the brewer.

I'm hooked on adding tumeric or curry spice or ground coriander and/or cinnamon to my coffee now. So good. Good for you too.
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Decaf? Don't know her
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
Piping Abe
Certified Codger

I enjoy reading this thread although i’m not a coffee drinker. I’m actual very caffiene sensative. I never got into it big but my favorties when I did try to drink coffee was Maxwell House Gourment Blend, McCafe Decaf, and Bustello. McCafe Decaf was the only thing I could drink everyday and thats because it was low caffiene. One cup of Bustello and its not a good day for me. It ruins my whole day.

The worst part is, I love the flavor. I’ll drink/eat coffee flavored anything. But I don’t see a point in buying and drinking decaf. I also don’t want to be hooked to caffiene. These days my wife has a Nescafe. And every now and then i’ll drink like 1/4 cup for the taste mostly. And that still gives me the jitters.

Last comment i’ll make is that coffee shops, like any coffee shop not just chains, or any business that mainly focuses on serving drinks is complete BS. Its the only type of business that you order the same drink every day and it taste different everytime. It makes no sense to me why people go to a cafe to get coffee. Ordering black and/or adding anything to it yourself is a different story. I just don’t know how people keep throwing money away for drinks that are never consistant.
Wildcat
Codger in Training

Mr Beardsley wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 8:22 pm Decaf? Don't know her
Liar
Ronv69
Founding Member

Piping Abe wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 8:33 pm I enjoy reading this thread although i’m not a coffee drinker. I’m actual very caffiene sensative. I never got into it big but my favorties when I did try to drink coffee was Maxwell House Gourment Blend, McCafe Decaf, and Bustello. McCafe Decaf was the only thing I could drink everyday and thats because it was low caffiene. One cup of Bustello and its not a good day for me. It ruins my whole day.

The worst part is, I love the flavor. I’ll drink/eat coffee flavored anything. But I don’t see a point in buying and drinking decaf. I also don’t want to be hooked to caffiene. These days my wife has a Nescafe. And every now and then i’ll drink like 1/4 cup for the taste mostly. And that still gives me the jitters.

Last comment i’ll make is that coffee shops, like any coffee shop not just chains, or any business that mainly focuses on serving drinks is complete BS. Its the only type of business that you order the same drink every day and it taste different everytime. It makes no sense to me why people go to a cafe to get coffee. Ordering black and/or adding anything to it yourself is a different story. I just don’t know how people keep throwing money away for drinks that are never consistant.
Decaf has it's place. Suppose you have a piece of baklava at 10pm. Gotta have coffee.
God and Texas!