Sutliff RL - PR Blend

Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Grimpeur wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 2:00 pm I feel that I owe a big debt of gratitude to @Ruffinogold for giving this blend a boost. If I'm not smoking something GH, or either Amphora Kentucky or Virginia, I'll be smoking this.

Strikes me as the Sutliff ERR, but they switched out the cocoa for prune. And, no, not in a month of Sundays of smoking this would I think "prune!"; I'd just think that it was a slightly sweetened take on ERR, without the tendency for the cocoa to build up in my mouth after smoking a number of pipes in a row.

It's great, and it's cheap! Thanks for the recommendation!

Bonus blend: RL-BD. Good, but I much prefer the PR. This take on the Barking Dog blend of old is a little heavy on the rum for my liking. Maybe once it airs out awhile I'll like it more? It does have just the right amount of Latakia for me: barely there.
It is a good blend. Just a mellow burley good for all day smoking
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
Wildcat
Codger in Training

Grimpeur wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 2:00 pm I feel that I owe a big debt of gratitude to @Ruffinogold for giving this blend a boost. If I'm not smoking something GH, or either Amphora Kentucky or Virginia, I'll be smoking this.

Strikes me as the Sutliff ERR, but they switched out the cocoa for prune. And, no, not in a month of Sundays of smoking this would I think "prune!"; I'd just think that it was a slightly sweetened take on ERR, without the tendency for the cocoa to build up in my mouth after smoking a number of pipes in a row.

It's great, and it's cheap! Thanks for the recommendation!

Bonus blend: RL-BD. Good, but I much prefer the PR. This take on the Barking Dog blend of old is a little heavy on the rum for my liking. Maybe once it airs out awhile I'll like it more? It does have just the right amount of Latakia for me: barely there.
I've had a Barking Dog match from Habanna Cigar and Pipe in Albany NY that is/was pretty good.
I wonder if "blame Wildcat" will become a theme here? - Fr_Tom