George Dickel 12 year

Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Tsal wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 5:08 am
Mr Beardsley wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 9:56 pm
Ruffinogold wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 8:52 pm

They cant buy a lawn mower in HD in California ?!
I don't know if the small engine ban went into effect already. If it did then you can only buy electric and cordless mowers / yard equipment :lol:
I don't think it's in effect yet.
Had to look it up, 2024 is the cut off date
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Mr Beardsley wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 10:42 am
Mr Beardsley wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 9:56 pm

I don't know if the small engine ban went into effect already. If it did then you can only buy electric and cordless mowers / yard equipment :lol:
That's crazy..
The Troll Whisperer
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Tsal wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 11:58 am
That's crazy..
We're fixing global warming and pollution one ridiculous ban at a time over here
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
Tsal
Forum Decorum

Mr Beardsley wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 12:11 pm
Tsal wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2023 11:58 am

That's crazy..
We're fixing global warming and pollution one ridiculous ban at a time over here
Not you per se , but can you imagine mowing your lawn in a few years and having neighbors complain to you about it? That is what it is going to come too.
The Troll Whisperer
Wildcat
Codger in Training

Ronv69 wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 10:36 pm
Tsal wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 7:25 am They sell alcohol in Target? I never knew.
I think it's a western thing. Here in Texas hard liquor can't be sold in stores that sell anything else. Even Costco can't sell their whiskey here. And in New Hampshire and Maine only the government can sell alcohol. I've been surprised that in New Mexico and Arizona the grocers sell it.
NY liquor and wine sold in liquor stores only. Beer in discount beer stores and grocery stores and gas stations etc. Grocery stores can sell malt liquor wine too. Drug stores which can no longer sell bad for you tobacco in NY, can sell beer and malt wine and ice cream and candy because these are good for you.
I wonder if "blame Wildcat" will become a theme here? - Fr_Tom
Ronv69
Founding Member

Wildcat wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 7:53 pm
Tsal wrote: Tue Feb 21, 2023 7:25 am They sell alcohol in Target? I never knew.
I think it's a western thing. Here in Texas hard liquor can't be sold in stores that sell anything else. Even Costco can't sell their whiskey here. And in New Hampshire and Maine only the government can sell alcohol. I've been surprised that in New Mexico and Arizona the grocers sell it.
NY liquor and wine sold in liquor stores only. Beer in discount beer stores and grocery stores and gas stations etc. Grocery stores can sell malt liquor wine too. Drug stores which can no longer sell bad for you tobacco in NY, can sell beer and malt wine and ice cream and candy because these are good for you.
Same in Texas. Only hard liquor has to be sold in liquor stores. I believe there are still a few dry counties where you can't sell alcohol at all. I grew up in a dry part of Houston. It was voted dry before the city annexed it. The newcomers voted it wet about 10 years ago.
God and Texas!
Wildcat
Codger in Training

Ronv69 wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 7:55 pm
Wildcat wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 7:53 pm

Same in Texas. Only hard liquor has to be sold in liquor stores. I believe there are still a few dry counties where you can't sell alcohol at all. I grew up in a dry part of Houston. It was voted dry before the city annexed it. The newcomers voted it wet about 10 years ago.
Vermont can sell beer and actual wine in grocery stores, but no hard liquor. Wine and hard liquor are sold in liquor stores or package stores.
I wonder if "blame Wildcat" will become a theme here? - Fr_Tom