Apple Slice

Sheridan

Ruffinogold wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 4:39 pm It takes a pro to smoke an aro
Aromatics & Manhattan Cocktails?
I shan’t pass judgement, as I’m new here……..let’s just say it’s been ‘noted’. :D
One could argue of course, that by definition all pipe tobacco is aromatic. The jury is still out on the Manhattan, I’ve yet to find a straight bar that’ll serve it. Lol
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Sheridan wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 1:46 pm
Ruffinogold wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 4:39 pm It takes a pro to smoke an aro
Aromatics & Manhattan Cocktails?
I shan’t pass judgement, as I’m new here……..let’s just say it’s been ‘noted’. :D
One could argue of course, that by definition all pipe tobacco is aromatic. The jury is still out on the Manhattan, I’ve yet to find a straight bar that’ll serve it. Lol
I really enjoy the aromatics that aren't classified as such. Things like gl pease navigator or barbary coast that have a very definite topping but aren't just heaped on top of Cavendish type junk
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
fingall
Member in Good Standing

Sheridan wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 7:12 am Dock leaf in the pouch, is another 'old school' remedy for dry tobacco. My father used to do that one on the odd occasion he'd get a dry tin or pouch of his beloved condor.
I used to do it too, now I just go with a wet paper towel in a tupperware container.
What is dock leaf?
Sheridan

fingall wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 6:20 pm
Sheridan wrote: Fri Mar 03, 2023 7:12 am Dock leaf in the pouch, is another 'old school' remedy for dry tobacco. My father used to do that one on the odd occasion he'd get a dry tin or pouch of his beloved condor.
I used to do it too, now I just go with a wet paper towel in a tupperware container.
What is dock leaf?
A Dock leaf is a large green leaf, normally found in amongst the stinging nettles, in bushes & hedgerows etc.
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

I forget what thread it was that we (I) were (was) talking about the Mark Twain House in Hartford. I was at the airport in Hartford this morning and there is a Lego recreation of the Mark Twain house.

I am going to put the photo here because I do not care if this is on topic or not.

Mark Twain swore by the apple slice method of keeping a pouch of tobacco moist and tasty. You should see the house in person if you are ever in Hartford, Connecticut. It is worth the visit. It is even more impressive in person, especially in the attic billiard room.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.