Latest Tobacco Purchase 2023

rekamepip
Codger in Training

Fidibusz wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 5:42 pm Among other errands I cruised down to Annapolis and stopped into Chesapeake Pipe and Cigar. Picked up some Haunted Bookshop, Pegasus, and PS LBF all in bulk. Was tempted to try some Kendall Kentucky Vintage Cut since @Fr_Tom likes it. Maybe next time. Prices are higher than online sources but I never order enough for free shipping and the added Maryland excise tax on tobacco makes it a wash, and I get to sniff the jars and look at pipes in the flesh, not to mention smoke. He carries over 300 different blends, tinned and bulk. Sadly no Five Brothers.

http://www.chesapeakepipeandcigar.com/

Sounds much better than my local store who only has a dozen pipes and selection of smokables smaller than my bottom drawer. I’d like to support a brick and mortar store but a 3 hour drive + gas is more expensive than the free shipping threshold.
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Fidibusz wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 5:42 pm Among other errands I cruised down to Annapolis and stopped into Chesapeake Pipe and Cigar. Picked up some Haunted Bookshop, Pegasus, and PS LBF all in bulk. Was tempted to try some Kendall Kentucky Vintage Cut since @Fr_Tom likes it. Maybe next time. Prices are higher than online sources but I never order enough for free shipping and the added Maryland excise tax on tobacco makes it a wash, and I get to sniff the jars and look at pipes in the flesh, not to mention smoke. He carries over 300 different blends, tinned and bulk. Sadly no Five Brothers.

That's a great looking spot with quite a selection!
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
Fidibusz

It is a nice shop. Off the beaten path so say to find parking too. Hard not to get carried away so I only bring a set amount of cash.
Ruffinogold
The Mayor

Fidibusz wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 7:00 pm It is a nice shop. Off the beaten path so say to find parking too. Hard not to get carried away so I only bring a set amount of cash.
Id love to visit it , as it sounds really really good ! Glad you had a good trip . Its great smelling the jars .. these youngins really missed out , though Im glad to hear theres still a " tobacconist " out there
" I believe adventure is nothing but a romantic name for trouble " L.L.
Fr_Tom
Chaplain

I do like the Kendall Kentucky.
"Prov'dence don't fire no blank ca'tridges, boys" Roughing It, Mark Twain

Old Ted Award - 2017
Fidibusz

Fr_Tom wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 3:17 pm

Next time I will get some. They don’t carry Orion’s Arrow or Virginia Gentleman, two C&D blends that I like. However I will try Kendall Kentucky because @Fr_Tom has not led me astray (yet).
Fidibusz

Fr_Tom wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 3:17 pm

Next time I will get some. They don’t carry Orion’s Arrow or Virginia Gentleman, two C&D blends that I like. However I will try Kendall Kentucky because @Fr_Tom has not led me astray (yet).
Sheridan

Got a cute little ashtray along with a 5 pack of St. Bruno from Estervals in Germany.
Also got a couple of spare parts for my old boy lighter. A leaf spring & a spring for the flint. Don’t see spare parts here & I noticed these on Estervals site. Only 7 or 8 euros for both parts, which I thought was quite cheap.
Piping Abe
Certified Codger

Sheridan wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 5:10 pm Got a cute little ashtray along with a 5 pack of St. Bruno from Estervals in Germany.
Also got a couple of spare parts for my old boy lighter. A leaf spring & a spring for the flint. Don’t see spare parts here & I noticed these on Estervals site. Only 7 or 8 euros for both parts, which I thought was quite cheap.
Sweet Ashtray! Thats so cool!
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Piping Abe wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 5:29 pm
Sheridan wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 5:10 pm Got a cute little ashtray along with a 5 pack of St. Bruno from Estervals in Germany.
Sweet Ashtray! Thats so cool!
Agreed with Abe. That's cool as hell
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin