Popcorn

MikeDennison
Certified Codger

Anybody remember those Jiffy Pop pie tins with the expanding foil top and wire handle? Do they still make'em? That's how we usually made popcorn when I was a kid. Dear ol' Mum usually burnt a good deal of it. :D
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

MikeDennison wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 1:39 am Anybody remember those Jiffy Pop pie tins with the expanding foil top and wire handle? Do they still make'em? That's how we usually made popcorn when I was a kid. Dear ol' Mum usually burnt a good deal of it. :D
They do and it still burns in the blink of an eye
“If you try to fail, and succeed, which have you done?” - George Carlin
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

Mr Beardsley wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 2:07 am
MikeDennison wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 1:39 am Anybody remember those Jiffy Pop pie tins with the expanding foil top and wire handle? Do they still make'em? That's how we usually made popcorn when I was a kid. Dear ol' Mum usually burnt a good deal of it. :D
It's good to know that SOME things haven't changed! :lol:
"I realized I had the gift of seeming to know more than I actually did." -A.J. Cronin-
rekamepip
Codger in Training

Mr Beardsley wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 2:07 am
I got my sister a popcorn assortment with flavor toppings and salts - tossed one of those Jiffy Popcorn tins for good measure
She loved it
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Piping Abe wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 3:37 pm
Citizen B wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 3:32 pm Popcorn is my second-favorite food. Mrs. King just made me a big batch that will last me a couple of days.
How do you eat it? Butter, salt or with some tinned fish?
Plain. I was so happy when she bought an air popper. I like strong flavors in tobacco, in food, not as much as I get older.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

Now, that, I would eat. Do they still make it?
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
MikeDennison
Certified Codger

Citizen B wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 10:00 pm
@Mr Beardsley says the Jiffy Pop is still made, but my Old Folks switched to microwave popcorn years ago. Mum still burns it.
Citizen B
Raconteur Extraordinaire

MikeDennison wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 4:38 am
Mum still burns it.
The burnt kernels are my favorites.
-- The Rhinestone Dandy.
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Citizen B wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 1:12 pm
MikeDennison wrote: Thu Aug 31, 2023 4:38 am

Mum still burns it.
The burnt kernels are my favorites.
Burnt and half popped kernels are amazing
Mr Beardsley
Founding Member

Popped in a pot on the stove top in olive oil and just seasoned with salt. Favorite snack while watching indy car replays